uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyme Looking Forward

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see Uplyme Parish Council joining the Lyme Looking Forward Inititive?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Rhodie

PostPosted: 02/10/05, 22:44    Post subject: Lyme Looking Forward Reply with quote

"Lyme Looking Forward" Is an initiative to encourage LR and the surrounding
parishes to work together for the mutual benefit of all.

If you have been following this subject in the press you will know that Uplyme Parish Council is against joining the initiative. On the other hand there appear to be many parishioners who would like the parish to get involved.

So that everyone including the parish council have an idea what the "parish" is thinking on this could you please register your opinion above.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 02/10/05, 22:53    Post subject: Lyme Looking Forward Reply with quote

Further to the above post it must be said that the name "Lyme Looking Forward" is rather off putting to people living outside the town. This may be putting off some people getting involved who live outside the town boundary.

I understand that a name change is a top priority once a committee has been formed. Have you any suggestions for a new name that would embrace the surrounding areas including Uplyme?
geoff

PostPosted: 03/10/05, 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhodie,

Is there any chance you could please post a brief outline of what 'Lyme Looking Forward' is all about ?

G.
joe

PostPosted: 03/10/05, 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "west dorset walking forward". Or would that cover too larger area?

I cannot think of any other area that is smaller.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 03/10/05, 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did make a suggestion of "Lyme Reaches Out". Get it? But it seemed to have fallen on deaf ears.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 06/10/05, 07:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoff wrote:

Is there any chance you could please post a brief outline of what 'Lyme Looking Forward' is all about ?

G.

The best that I can do is to quote from a letter from Mark Goodman, Regional Community Facilitator of the Market & Coastal Towns Initiative (MCTi), to Uplyme Parish Council. (Lyme Looking Forward or whatever, would be a participating partnership under the MCTi). Mr Goodman said,

“The Market and Coastal Towns Initiative is a recognized process by which communities are able to express their plans and aspirations via a Community Strategic Plan looking forward by around 20 years.”

“For the MCTi process to function in a particular locality a MCTi Partnership will need to be formed. This will consist of as wide a range of partners as possible....”

“I would suggest that the best organisation to represent the Parish of Uplyme on the MCTi Partnership in your locality would be Uplyme Parish Council [whose] function would then be to champion projects, plans and issues for Uplyme and ensure that they are included in the plan.”

To read the letter in full please go to:

http://www.pcpages.com/uplyme/forum/MCTi1.jpg

http://www.pcpages.com/uplyme/forum/MCTi2.jpg

May I add that funds are available for projects that would not be available for none-participating organisations. Manmade boundaries such as county, district and parish hold no sway and participating partnerships are based solely on geographically determined areas.

Last edited by Rhodie on 20/07/06, 13:44; edited 1 time in total
administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: 06/10/05, 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for that Rhodie.

I wish I had known about it earlier, maybe I could have applied for assistance with the costs of setting up uplyme.com ?
It would have been really helpful if I could have approached someone from the Parish Council for advice on the project.

Admin.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 10/11/05, 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoff wrote:

Mark Goodman of the Market and Coastal Towns Initiative has been invited by the parish council to speak to the parsih on this very subject. Details at:

http://www.uplymeparishcouncil.org/MCTi.pdf

If you are in the dark as to what it is all about or you wish to express your views either for or against joining the initiative then you should attend this meeting.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 19/11/05, 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone go along to this meeting?

Were the parish councillors won over by the arguments?
Rhodie

PostPosted: 29/03/06, 08:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:

Were the parish councillors won over by the arguments?

Judging by the complete absence of any parish councillors at subsequent meetings of Lyme Looking Forward, now seeming to be called “Lyme Forward”, the answer must be no. Sad

Like it or not Lyme and its surrounding parishes continues to make forward progress. It was announced last night at a volunteer’s briefing session that to enable progress to be made a representative is needed from Uplyme. They would prefer a parish councillor but if one is not forthcoming then it will be first come first served. Can you imagine some of the people coming forward intent on acting on your behalf. Shocked

I think that the parish council owes it to its parishioner that the parish is represented for who knows who and what we will get Question Wink
Rhodie

PostPosted: 20/07/06, 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second of three Public Consultations will be put on Saturday 22nd July at the Martine Theatre by Lyme Forward, yes that is the best and least provocative name they managed to come up with. Rolling Eyes

There is now a website: www.lymeforward.co.uk

Judging by the reception Uplyme Parish Council gave to an invitation to attend the meeting the name change did not have the required result. Most of the councillors, apart from the latest recruit, were again quite rude about the initiative and thought the meeting not worth attending. Cllr. Mrs Shirley intends to attend the meeting for she feels that it may be to the parish’s advantage. Perhaps not the most altruistic reason for going but at least it is a start. Remember that these are our representatives and that their seats will soon be up for re-election. Wink

As an advert for the meeting says “Are You Letting Others Decide Your Future?”.

Come along and see how much progress has been made and make some suggestions or criticisms. The seven main focus areas have their own 30-minute slots centred around mid-day:

10:00 Health, Well-being & Safer Communities
10:30 Housing
11:00 Sports, Leisure & Lifelong Learning
11:30 Environment
12:00 Transport
12:30 Young People
13:00 Economy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: