uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Those hedges again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GGG

PostPosted: 20/07/06, 17:38    Post subject: Those hedges again Reply with quote

I have had to start a new topic relating to an existing one since the 'Reply' function does not want to work for me.

Anyway, it was interesting to get two opinions from entirely different angles after I first raised this subject.

On reflection, I will reject 'G's' idea of making the best of a bad job since I've gone through life doing this and it never got me very far. Sad

I really like the groundsman's idea of obtaining a supply of Agent Orange and spraying the offending greenery. But I fear this must be rejected, also. Since the tree-huggers in this bandit country of the Devon-Dorset borderland will jump up and down crying 'No way! Elf an' safety, ennit!' and are sure to win the day. Mad

So a rather futile exercise, but at least it introduced a new subject to the Message Board, albeit without causing too many members to contribute.

(Incidentally, what have 'Spam Eaters' got to do with it? If I remember rightly, the natives of the Hawaiian Islands are the per caipita greatest consumers of Spam on the planet and apart from the acceptable pursuit of fleecing tourists they never did anyone any harm to my knowledge. Confused
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 21/07/06, 15:18    Post subject: spam eaters Reply with quote

It is a little known fact that the expression"spam eater"is a derivitive of the phrase "spears meat" which come from a obscure north american tribe bulbous bellyous.their ancesters were the original explorers who discovered what we now call america in AD56,purely by accident they had left the bay of naples and got hideously lost in a thick sea fog which was quite prevalant for the area.
Two years ten months four days later they hit dry land,and had gained in size as there were twenty three extra children,no its not what you think dear readers they were in fact stowaways.As hunger got the better of them they were taken to eating anything,it was when they put together all they had left which was seats,maps&rats which as we now know is low in protien and high in fat that the other indiginous tribes called them "spam eaters".
so now you all know.happy days
geoff

PostPosted: 25/07/06, 09:13    Post subject: 4x4 Reply with quote

Hi GG and Alex,

Perhaps another possibility would be to petition the President of the World to tell his sidekick Bleah to alter the Road Traffic act of 1926 part 2f, sec 93.2 para 5.1c (amended) to the effect that cars may only be driven on the roads on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

The rest of the week, road users would be forced to use horses, ponies, large dogs, sheep, rodents etc as transport. (Since these creatures are naturally 4x4, this would no doubt appeal to the Chelsea Tractor lot). Quite like the idea of ferret-propelled rollerblades.

This scheme would have the added bonus that these hungry critters would eat some of the hedges, leaving more room on the bends. (Or round them at least)

G.
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 01/08/06, 22:47    Post subject: blades Reply with quote

My god that takes me back,the only flaw with ferret propelled blades was that the little blighters used to gnaw through the bindings an shoot straight up yer trouser leg.nasty.happy days Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: