uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A laid-back Uplyme Gardener (updated from another thread)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GGG

PostPosted: 27/08/06, 16:14    Post subject: A laid-back Uplyme Gardener (updated from another thread) Reply with quote

I'm the feller who upset some townie incomers by speaking ill of the Bambi descendents who ate my runner bean plants. Sad

And since I am I pc idiot who cannot find his way back to the original thread I homed in on what seems another, perhaps, more appropriate one. Embarassed

Preamble over, so:

My new target is the Bunny Wunny. In particularly the member/members of this 'adorable' species that has/have invaded my garden to strip the leaves off the crop of freshly planted Brussel Sprouts that were lovingly set in the ground where the beans had once been. Idea

Not to mention the herd of steers that one day recentlyappeared on a previously peaceful afternoon, driven by a bunch of YTS would-be Rowdy Yates who chose to park their moo-cow filled wagon a half mile away from the field to where the animals were supposd to graze and drive the benighted creatures along a road without first requesting householders to close their gates. Shocked

We will not mention that escapee from the Wind in the Willows, Mr Mole! Rolling Eyes I've got the chemical better of this little s-o-b

And cats . . . I've cracked these nasty beasties. The pussies are sent scampering with the jet facility on my hose pipe attachment! Laughing

As for buying fresh produce from the local purveyors . . . Sorry, but it was a long time ago since I cashed in on a property up-country and since then the profit has all gone over the counter of the Three Horseshoes in Burton Bradstock, Hunters Lodge on the A35 and The Black Dog, New Inn and Talbot arms in the good old days) so I can no longer afford to patronise such establishments. Therefore I guess I will have to stick with Tesco, Morrison and M&S, thank you. Even with the outlay on petrol and other motoring expenses, the bottom line still works out cheaper. Confused

PS: The veg plot will now be given over to gooseberry bushes. I know from experience that birds will claim most of the fruit but at least I may find a dew sprinkled new born baby under one of them - and I understand that properly gutted and lightly grilled with a touch of garlic and balamic vinegar such a delicacy can be a delightiful alternative to veal. Wink

(And for those of you who have had a sense-of-humour by-pass, look at the Smilies and discover what they mean in the sterile world of computer messaging. Very Happy
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 28/08/06, 21:52    Post subject: lock the borders Reply with quote

it would not surprise me if said complainers were also responsible for having the fish slapping banned,if you move down to this part of the world dont upset the locals and try and learn the local ways.
I will give you an example,if you hit a deer with your car, as a townie you would probably call a vet as a local you might head straight for the nearest butcher.happy days from an ex harrovian
GGG

PostPosted: 29/08/06, 09:37    Post subject: 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello: what's this deer then? Reply with quote

Regarding the vexed (to me) subject of deer, a warning:

If you run down such an animal in your vehicle and stop to stuff the carcase in the boot, you are breaking the law. But any venison loving driver of a following conveyance is within his rights to claim the prize! Shocked

They say the law is an ass - but I'm not sure if you are within your rights to claim the dead donkey after your vehicle has dropped it! Rolling Eyes
gutter

PostPosted: 30/08/06, 11:42    Post subject: Re: 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello: what's this deer then? Reply with quote

[quote="GGG"]Regarding the vexed (to me) subject of deer, a warning:

If you run down such an animal in your vehicle and stop to stuff the carcase in the boot, you are breaking the law. But any venison loving driver of a following conveyance is within his rights to claim the prize! quote]
Sounds like a load of old bull to me. What law is that then?
GGG

PostPosted: 30/08/06, 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that an awful lot of our laws are a load of old bull. Rolling Eyes

And the piece of legislation I paraphrased could well be apocryphal. For I admit the evidence I offered was purely hearsay. Embarassed

But do we not have a policeman member of this board who would be able to confirm or deny my opening statement?
alcairns@aol.com

PostPosted: 13/09/06, 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the sad "townie incomer" that GGG refers to in his post! What a difference a few weeks makes to one's opinions. (Maybe I am turning into a country yokel!) Bambi has apparently decided that runner beans and the like do not make a balanced diet and has turned to young fruit trees as a supplement! My young fruit trees to be exact! Poor things now stand embarassingly naked and exposed to the elements! Somewhere in this thread soemone mentioned that they knew someone with a shotgun/rifle - Contact details please?
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 13/09/06, 17:12    Post subject: oh deer Reply with quote

i will endeavor to find the phone number for that scurge of the highlands throat slasher mcgerk who is quite accustomed to laying waste any herd with his sawn off thompson sub machine gun,no accuracy just a wall of lead.happy days Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Gardener's World All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: