uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Birthday Parish Council Website or Perhaps Not.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y.E.Plum

PostPosted: 12/10/06, 23:22    Post subject: Happy Birthday Parish Council Website or Perhaps Not. Reply with quote

Each month I look religiously at the agenda for the parish council meetings hoping for something more stimulating than Finance, Footpaths, Highway Matters or Cemetery. The agenda for his months meeting on Wednesday contained nothing out of the ordinary and I therefore chose not to go along. Can you imagine my annoyance when I learnt that a half-hour discussion had been tagged onto the beginning of the meeting with a County Council spokesman in attendance. Whatís more the subject was traffic within and through the village, one close to the hearts of members of this forum including myself.

How many other people failed to go along because they also rely on the information given on the parish councilís website?

What is the point of the website if the most basic information, that of parish council meetings, is not given on the site? Sad

Incidentally the parish council website is exactly a year old today. Donít expect to be deafened by the congratulations. Crying or Very sad
Rhodie

PostPosted: 13/10/06, 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also looked at the agenda on the parish council website and donít recollect seeing anything about an early start to the meeting. I breezed in at about 19:20 only to find that the meeting was already well underway. It doesnít encourage use of the website. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: