uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

named houses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meterman62@aol.com

PostPosted: 05/10/06, 22:14    Post subject: named houses Reply with quote

I am a meter reader and I would appreciate any help regarding the location of named houses within your borough, i.e. lists or maps.

PostPosted: 06/10/06, 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which houses were you looking for Meterman ?
meterman

PostPosted: 07/10/06, 06:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Which houses were you looking for Meterman ?
reply sent to feedback by mistake ? sorry / i need all named houses locations ie lists in street order or names ploted on map[/list]
geoff

PostPosted: 07/10/06, 09:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Meterman,

Good to see you on the forum.

I am not aware of such a list, but I will make enquiries. You could contact the Parish Clerk uplymepc@pasarengo.co.uk to see if he might know of a names list.
I guess if there was such a list, we should publish it here on the website for general use.

Geoff.

(I have deleted the other posting for you)
meterman

PostPosted: 07/10/06, 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoff wrote:
Hi Meterman,

Good to see you on the forum.

I am not aware of such a list, but I will make enquiries. You could contact the Parish Clerk uplymepc@pasarengo.co.uk to see if he might know of a names list.
I guess if there was such a list, we should publish it here on the website for general use.

Geoff.

(I have deleted the other posting for you)
thanks for your help geoff, sent an E-mail to parish clerk ill let you know if I find out anything ? meterman
GGG

PostPosted: 08/10/06, 09:39    Post subject: Named houses Reply with quote

Starting at the intersection of Pound Lane/Rhode Lane/Springhead Road and moving north, the houses are named Lane End, Marven (actually a block of flats), Spring Gables, Spring Acre, Hill Cottage, can't remember and Springhead. Then I'm lost, but I don't get out much! Confused
geoff

PostPosted: 11/10/06, 07:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one GGG.

I bet if everyone who reads the forums, sent in the names from just their lane/road, we could put a map together online.

Anyone else care to contribute to this worthy project ? If you prefer not to post here, just email me with the names: webmaster@uplyme.com.

Geoff.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 11/10/06, 09:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go along with this if the person wanted the information for a non-profit reason. Meterman is obviously gainfully employed unlike some of the people he is requesting information from. Therefore can I propose that for each house location submitted meterman donates X number of pence, to be determined, to a charity nominated by the person supplying the information.

If meterman would like to make an offer for the house names in Rhode Lane and Harcombe Road, there must be 50 plus, I would willingly supply them.

His alternative is to make his own list by taking notes when in the area. Do I detect a little laziness on the part of meterman? Although I give him ten out of ten for initiative with his post.
meterman

PostPosted: 14/10/06, 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodie wrote:
I would go along with this if the person wanted the information for a non-profit reason. Meterman is obviously gainfully employed unlike some of the people he is requesting information from. Therefore can I propose that for each house location submitted meterman donates X number of pence, to be determined, to a charity nominated by the person supplying the information.

If meterman would like to make an offer for the house names in Rhode Lane and Harcombe Road, there must be 50 plus, I would willingly supply them.

His alternative is to make his own list by taking notes when in the area. Do I detect a little laziness on the part of meterman? Although I give him ten out of ten for initiative with his post.
I assure you that I would not be making any profit from such information, If you as a group make a list/map of the named houses in Uplyme and get them printed to sell in your local shops I would gladly pay for a copy if such payment went to a charity, this has been done by a resident on the new Poundbury development (Dorchester) The only reason I wanted the information is so all the people get an accurate read and not an estimated bill, I believe that is a service more beneficial to the house owner than myself, I resent being called lazy as I cover almost every house in Dorset, If I had to map every location without the help of kind people I would never have time to read the meters. When I read meters with a numbered address I read approx 300 to 400 per day, on named properties this is reduced to 60 to 100 per day because it is more difficult to find them so to produce a better service for the customers I asked for help as I only have a certain time frame to get the read. This list/map would also be beneficial to anyone trying to locate a named property in your borough i.e. postmen/delivery men.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 15/10/06, 07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meterman wrote:
If you as a group make a list/map of the named houses in Uplyme and get them printed to sell in your local shops I would gladly pay for a copy if such payment went to a charity

Is this a goer?
Would we have enough volunteers to cover the parish?
I would willingly collate the data.
What do you think.
Wouldn’t the sorting office already have this information? Whether or not they would make it available is another matter.
geoff

PostPosted: 16/10/06, 11:09    Post subject: Good idea. Reply with quote

I'd be happy to record our bit of the village.
Maybe we could send copies to the emergency services also ?

I would be happy to make the data available on uplyme.com

Geoff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: