uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hinton 3 UPLYME 3; what a point!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilly

PostPosted: 25/02/07, 20:32    Post subject: Hinton 3 UPLYME 3; what a point! Reply with quote

Razz
Well, if most of the team were completely honest, they might well agree that we didn't expect much from this game. After Hinton's demolition of Lyme Reverses (plus 1st teamers) the week before, the omens were not good.
Loyd was out again, and once again, Phil slipped into his gloves.

We started falteringly, and found ourselves 2-0 down to sloppy goals. At that point in other games, heads have gone down, fingers have been pointed, and the game has slipped away; but not yesterday!
Instead, we got the ball to feet and played our way back in. Gav "Fox" hit a cracker on the turn 30 yards out- it crashed in off the underside of the bar, and we were back.
Before half time, Hinton were presented with another gift of a goal, so we trudged off 3-1 down, with -literally- an uphill second half to come.
The second half, though was fantastic. The cohesion between defense, midfield and upfront was much better, and it was epitomized by a sweet move when Pip fed a good ball to my feet, which then went onto Beddows in the gap between defenders who just missed with a good shot.
We hit back with a free kick from outside the area, which could well have been judged as a penalty from a more-confident ref, but it didn't matter. The keeper made a misjudgment- due to the good run of Wallace in his eyeline- and I popped it in the top corner through his hands. I haven't scored for a few games, so IT WAS MINE! Twisted Evil
Hinton came back with some really good football, and Phil stood up tall and pulled another series of saves. Towards the end, Beddows was switched inside to join myself in the centre, and it signalled the start of our best patch. The goal came from some more good passing play, and Fox squared it well for Joel to pass into the net; no less than we deserved.
the end was frantic, and we could have stolen it ourselves, but the score reflected a fair result.
Jekyll and Hyde Uplyme; what was different about yesterday's game when compared to the rollover against Charmouth? If we figure this out, we stay up. Simple...
Well done boys; I was proud to wear the armband yesterday, and it's great to reel off the names of youngsters who put it ALL in yesterday: Wallace, Robbie Prior, Joel, "Scholesy" Beddows, Copey, Andy, Coomber (young?) And of course the oldboys! Wink
Special mention to Jimmy Preston. He came in at left back- with not much play-time under his belt- and had a fantastic second half.
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 26/02/07, 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilly that is a good match report if slightly inaccurate! For those of you that wish to know the truth we were in fact 3-2 down at half time. after going 2 down we had pulled it back to 2-2 through gillys wonderful free kick that flew (through the keepers hands) into the top corner from the very edge of the 18 yard box. Then yet another stupid goal sent us in 3-2 down at half time. the rest of the report i go along with a very well deserved point and a cracking team effort.

However it should be noted that Gav didn't hit his volley quite a cleanly as the shot that I caressed into the top corner the week before, but it was definitely the best goal he has scored in a VERY long time!

Potentially the biggest game of the season next week, Chard United away, cut out the stupid errors and play with the courage and determination that we did this week we should be looking at 3 points.

Oh and one final note...22 is young damn you!!
Gilly

PostPosted: 26/02/07, 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm clearly getting old, and my memory isn't as sharp as it once was.......apologies for the inaccurate info BUT I know my memory hasn't deteriorated to the point where you can get away with "caressed into the top corner"... Laughing
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 27/02/07, 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh god have you seen the view from lyme?? apparently gav scored from 40 yards!!! i wonder who submitted that match report! FOWLER!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: