uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyme Regis Reserves 3 - 1 Uplyme...relegation looms....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 17/04/07, 22:45    Post subject: Lyme Regis Reserves 3 - 1 Uplyme...relegation looms.... Reply with quote

Quite how this match ended with this scorline i think even the Lyme players in all their arrogance will find hard to believe. Tonight the boys were quite simply sensational. I'm finding it hard to pick out the words because the result was just so unjust.

We started the game the way we played throughout, with control, dominance and great teamwork, all the factors needed to win a game. Then the usual defensice slip up meant Lyme went 1-0 up through their number 10 who didn't look a threat all evening. Joel clattered the crossbar in reponse, but that was the way it stayed until the interval. The half time chat pretty much consisted of "more of the same, and we will get back into it and win this game".

Again we came flying out of the blocks polverising the penalty area, only to find Lyme's keeper Chris Higgs on top of his game producing world class saves at times when you thought unthinkable. Scholesy in particular caressed one towards the top corner from 20 yards, how Higgsy kept it out i'll never know.

Then again some how Lyme went 2-0 up through what looked to be a miss-hit lob from Shaun Dixon who manged to squeeze the ball in. But then we hit them with more of the same and our break through came through Gilly who was his usual influencial self getting on the end of brilliant ball in from the much missed Alex Cottle (having the tim of his life at Uni for the majority of this season). Again Dave Robinson and Max Borgeat were fantastic dominating the midfield battle and coming out on top every single time. We were playing some awesome football and thought we had the equaliser through Alex Cottle, but a very dubious decision from the linesman ruled it out. I had to make my feelings known to both the linesman and the referee who was having none of it. On we battled though until the referee who had a bit of a shocker awarded Lyme a Penalty, which looked harsh to say the least. Ally Rattenbury duely steped up and scuffed a left foot shot into the corner. Typical!

But we never gave up, Scholesy hit the bar again and grazed the post with another effort. But it was all too clear that it just wasn't our night. Lyme had all the luck and the better of some quite simply disgraceful refereeing decisions. The Davy Fort was in horrible condition with the ball bobbling all over the place that didn't help. I'm not bitter at all, honest!

We can hold our heads up high after that performance if nothing else, we can have pride in the way we played. We were fantasic, every single player was full of commitment and heart. We might be going down....but we're going down fighting!
Donna22

PostPosted: 18/04/07, 06:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Rob! Uplyme boys did very well and were unlucky, Id also like to praise the Uplyme management for encouraging the players and not critistings them (i was stood near the Lyme manager and every word started with swearing including at the ref) The ref has to have eyes everywhere and esp when u have some-one constantly moaning at you and swearing cant be easy or when you got threatended to be murdered at the weekend when you send someone off, you have to remember that people take the time out to do this and if it wasnt for referees you wouldnt have a game of footy.

Just keep playing hard and talking to eachother on the pitch, Chris Higgs was outstanding in goal and any other goalie would have been in trouble.
Gilly

PostPosted: 19/04/07, 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more with your statements, mate.
That was quite possibly the worst pitch we have played on this year, which is some statement. For the likes of DR and Max, the play was too condensed on that subbuteo pitch to try and be expansive. Thought that their keeper and centre back were good, and kept them in it.

The one thing we do SEEM to have is team spirit ; and that was one thing they were seriously missing.
The way they were abusing Fowkesy(?) in the middle of the park was shocking; if that was us, Cleeresy would have B@@@@@d us rightly. Instead, their "manager" was joining in!

But, good luck to the Reverses this season........

Anyway, onwards we go. Let's hope that there's good news around the corner..... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: