uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bank Holiday Monday Fund Raiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 01/05/07, 14:00    Post subject: Bank Holiday Monday Fund Raiser Reply with quote

This Monday (7th May) there will be a charity football match contested by two over 40's teams from the Talbot Arms. The game will kick off at 4pm at Venlake Meadow and all funds raised will go to the new Uplyme youth football team who are being formed next year.

The thinking at the moment is that the team will be an under 13's side, to be entered into the east devon league. Raising money is essentail to ensure the team has a kit and all necessary equipment ready for the start of the season. Anybody wanting to get involved with the youth team for next year should speak to Steve at the Talbot Arms. Hopefully the long term effect will be that young players leak into the Uplyme Mens team and don't desperse to teams such as Lyme Regis, Seaton and Colyton.

Monday evening at the Talbot will show video highlights of the match as well as live music and an Otter Head drinks promotion!
Gilly

PostPosted: 02/05/07, 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, why aren't these things held on a SUNDAY, therefore allowing for the hangover effect to take place on the day off???

Can't turn up in school with an Otter Head....... but have a good one, as I know you have been training the "boys" hard!

I'm sure the senior squad could also do a little fund raising for them, at some point. Smile
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 02/05/07, 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know mate it's just the way it's always been. Strange one though now come to think of it. Would be good to see a few senior players at the match to support the cause, think the kids are playing like a 5-a-side curtain raiser before the game, should be a good day
Stuart wooster

PostPosted: 09/05/07, 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate, i cannot believe you have named and shamed me for the penalty miss! have you not heard about the aftershocks from the recent Kent earthquake causing a minor tremor in Venlake around 5.30 pm on Monday!!
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 09/05/07, 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate! You did score a good goal earlier in the game though so that goes some way to cancelling it out. You played well though mate, along with all the blue otter boys, Champions!
Gilly

PostPosted: 09/05/07, 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

POT! KETTLE! BLACK! Surprised

Coomber, how can YOU of all people, point the finger at someone else for MISSING A PENALTY!?!?!!
Do I need to take you back...........?

Well done the boys, and let's get a whip-round at the Presentation Evening.... ROLL ON THE BEER !!!! Twisted Evil
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 09/05/07, 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least i hit the target! That keeper pulled off a save of reina standard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: