Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Location: Barnes Meadow
|Posted: 04/09/07, 10:07 Post subject: Committee Meeting 3 September 2007
|Minutes of Management Committee Meeting 3 September 2007
Cricket Pavilion KGV
1. Paul Messer reported on his and Derek Wellman’s attendance at the Devon Cricket League meeting held at Seaton CC, the league had effectively close off all but two options that of going pan-Devon or leaving the league. They saw no way to compromise. Henry said that sufficient discussion had gone on among the players to convince him that there was genuine consensus to try the pan-Devon approach for the first year (2008) as such it was determined that an EGM was not necessary.
2. Paul presented a suggested flow for the presentation evening to be held on 5 October, which was discussed and agreed (see attached). It was decided that the raffle and the Chairman’s draw would be held as last year but Henry’s suggestion for a quiz was agreed.
All of the recipients of awards have now been identified apart from Club- man of the year to be discussed further with the relevant Captains.
3. Paul told attendees about Philip Evan’s involvement with Sporting Lyme to be held late bank holiday weekend 2009. It was agreed that this would be an item on the agenda for future meetings to develop ideas. An original suggestion by Eddie was to hold a cricket week and this met with general approval.
4. Paul said that he had received a telephone call from Mike Lewis the Lyme Regis Town Clerk, that the application for grant was to be considered by the grant sub committee on 4 September and he would hope to come back to me fairly shortly.
5. The last meeting minutes contained an action to determine a date for a pub Sunday six a side competition in early July. It was decided that 6th or 13th of July would be appropriate dates and the views will be sought from the local publications.
6. The date of the AGM was set at Monday 29 October, starting at 19.00 in the Pavilion. Paul will mail shot all members and interested others.
7. Eddie presented an invoice to the club for the use of the nets at Woodroffe School. Roger is to prepare an equal invoice for the use of the KGV ground.
8. Eddie is attending a meeting with West Dorset and will enter an under 13 and under 15 side for 2008 season. There is now an artificial pitch at Woodroffe School which with the Club facilities will provide practice for both sides.
9. As part of the liaison function between the School and the Club, Eddie will set up a meeting of interested Teachers, Parents and a Club Representative (PM) will be invited to attend.
10. Eddie mentioned that the issue of Umpiring and Scoring for league and friendlies needs to be addressed as it was not acceptable to have Players umpiring. A number of names were suggested as a panel of umpires rather than one Umpire standing for the whole season
11. Henry said that he had spoken to Beryl Denham and had agreed that the square should be sprayed towards the end of September. The cost would be approximately £100. The rope for delimiting the square needs replacing by anew and longer rope to mark off a bigger area than the square to allow for any drift. A sign will be placed on the rope warning pet owners and children to keep away.
12. It was agreed that Roger will set and arrange to run the bingo at Woodmead Hall again this year. The Presentation Evening bar will be stocked fro m Bookers. Any suitable products not sold will go forward as prizes for the bingo.
13. AOB. We are advised that the Uplyme Horticultural Show will be held on 19 July 2008.
14. Date of Next meeting 15 October 18.00 in the Pavilion.
Flow of Presentation Evening Dinner – 5 October 2007
In the Uplyme Village Hall
1900 onwards Drinks
1955 Welcome by Chairman
2100 Presentations HB
2110 First XI HB
Second XI TN
2120 Talbot Arms SG
2130 Youth Section/ Friendlies EC
2140 Raffle Draw/Quiz/Chairman’s Draw
Entertainment (background thru’ Dinner)