uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog mess - UGH !
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Because of the behaviour of a minority of dog owners, should dogs be banned from the playing field ?
Yes, there are plenty of other places to take a dog for exercise
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
No, dog owners have the right to break the law and endanger children's health.
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Who cares, the footballers/cricketers/others will clean up any mess.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

timfox

PostPosted: 02/02/06, 09:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Dog Mess

Just found the below on the East Devon DC website - part of a Q & A section.

1. I've just been walking in the Park and the grass/pavement is covered with dog fouling, can you clean it up?
Yes: Telephone 01395 517528 Street Scene Services and the Customer Service Officers will arrange for a prompt "clean up".

2. How often are the dog waste bins emptied?
Normally the dog waste bins are emptied three times a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If, however, you find them full telephone 01395 517528 and speak to a Customer Service Officer who will arrange to have them emptied.

3.I would like to request a dog waste bin to be put in/on the park/street near my home can you arrange this?
A request for a new dog waste bin should be put to your local Councillor who will make a bid for this on your behalf. Your Councillor will put forward your bid on a once a year basis.

4.Can I pay for a new dog waste bin myself?
Local organisations, rather than individuals, may sponsor a dog waste bin if they wish. Remember though, after the initial cost of the bin, currently around 250 to buy, the annual maintenance (ie to have the bin emptied) will be ongoing and will cost about 150 per year. If you would like to sponsor a bin Telephone 01395 517528 Street Scene Services.
rgrose

PostPosted: 15/12/06, 15:29    Post subject: Dog mess: shirking responsibility and endangering children Reply with quote

I note a number of postings about dog mess on the playing field.
Last week, one of our after-school clubs needed to take evasive action on the part of the field they were using by putting cones over at least half a dozen dog faeces. Despite this, one child's trainers were completely smothered.
I wonder what it will take for Uplyme dog owners to accept responsibility for their animals rather than to walk away, leaving the possibility of serious illness, most probably to a child.
We work hard in school to provide the best for the children of Uplyme who are the future. It is astounding that some reckless owners just couldn't care less!
geoff

PostPosted: 07/09/07, 08:59    Post subject: Fix My Street Reply with quote

I have reported this issue to the 'Fixmystreet' website and will report back if there is any response. You can follow the report here:

http://www.fixmystreet.com/?id=8355

G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: