uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's u bin? (rubbish!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodie

PostPosted: 25/07/08, 06:12    Post subject: Where's u bin? (rubbish!) Reply with quote

With the last weekly collection for landfill rubbish due to take place on Monday followed a week later by the first of the new weekly recycling collections has anyone received delivery of their collection of bins and waste food caddies Question

Or have ours bin pinched Wink
geoff

PostPosted: 25/07/08, 07:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhodie,

No sign up here on Lyme Rd. yet.

Geoff.
fudgecake71

PostPosted: 29/07/08, 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope,only the landfill bins....
GGG

PostPosted: 30/07/08, 15:41    Post subject: Where's U Bin Reply with quote

This is a District Council matter, so patience has to be a virtue.

And patience has been rewarded along Springhead Road for the pretty multi-coloured plastic bins have duly been delivered.

It seems a pity to put rubbish in these shiny new receptacles but since we are obviously going to have to pay for them by way of the Poll Tax I guess it will be wise to use them for the purpose they are designed for.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 01/08/08, 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we now have our full set. Smile

Poll Tax Surprised Where have you been Question
GGG

PostPosted: 02/08/08, 10:20    Post subject: Where you bin Reply with quote

Sorry. Whenever a subject allied to the iniquitous council tax enters my mind I always substitute what I consider the name of the best tax ever invented: i.e. a charge on every adult for the services every adult can access.

Ah, those halcyon days of paying the poll tax for too short a period before brute force overcame common sense. Sad
Rhodie

PostPosted: 05/08/08, 06:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much confusion on the first day of the rescheduled landfill and recycling collections. There were many wheelie bins and black plastic bags on view. Someone has not been paying attention. Even a parish councillor didnít know that it was not landfill week. Admittedly he or she would not have got any guidance on this on the councilís website anyway.

Even the collectors are not up to speed on this as I followed the instructions regarding batteries and last night I found them strewn across the ground.

Anyone else got observations on this great day.
Flightman

PostPosted: 06/08/08, 08:37    Post subject: Recycling Collection Reply with quote

Following your comments regarding refuse crew not understanding what they are doing, a couple of weeks ago, we had an enormous amount of bottles for recycling (yes it was a good party!). These were left in a large black bin bag with other boxes of bottles together with the green recycling box away from our own purchased landfill bin. It was a day when both landfill and recycling were to be collected. When the landfill advanced party arrived to place all rubbish together, they simply picked up recycling bag of bottles and placed into our landfill bin. Why did I bother to rinse all these bottles out? Perhaps by placing the bottles in a black bin bag it automatically denoted it as landfill? The cardboard box with the other bottles in was left behind after being emptied as the cardboard box was obviously landfill.
Donna22

PostPosted: 19/08/08, 18:22    Post subject: Uplyme Rubbish Reply with quote

How discusting is it walking around uplyme all the bins by the church, village hall and bus stops are full and over flowing with dog poo and beer bottles its discusting why is it not being collected when kids are walking around its smells yuck.

Also you pay money to hire a very nice village hall but have to take your rubbish home where exactly are you ment to put it when youve had a party or wedding and you get a bin collection every 2 weeks i think that the village hall should have more than 2 little bins and get a contractor in to empty the rubbish on a weekly basis like most pubs and public halls. You pay enough money to hire the hall surely this could be included in the price as its a matter of about £10 a week to get someone in with a big bin to be emptied.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: