uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tap Water Quality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodie

PostPosted: 31/03/09, 08:32    Post subject: Tap Water Quality Reply with quote

There is a movement away from bottled drinking water back to that directly available from the tap. But the people recommending tap water obviously have something in mind far superior to what comes out of my tap. It does vary considerably but at the moment, and it has been so for a few weeks, it is almost undrinkable through the over zealous application of chlorine.

I believe that when carrying out certain works on the pipelines the chlorine dose is increased. So perhaps this is a very local thing.

Before lodging a complaint with SSW I would like to know if water quality is this bad across the area.

It is such a shame that great effort and expense is given to making the raw material fit to drink and then adding a pollutant that reverts it back to an undrinkable state.
geoff

PostPosted: 31/03/09, 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhodie,

I find the chlorine content does vary quite a lot, though I have never known it to be undrinkable here in Lyme Rd.

I suppose we can buy water filters to take the chemicals out, but they aren't cheap and you have to keep replacing the active filtration cartridge at about a quid a go (weekly ?).

I thought you'd be the sort of chap who would collect rain water and drink that (after boiling presumably ?) Thinks: presumably if you use a septic tank and you collect and drink only rain water, you would be completely exempt from water rates ?

G.
Gilly

PostPosted: 04/04/09, 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an ex-Mancunian, I find the water down here absolutely shocking in comparison to the northern quality........
Rhodie

PostPosted: 05/04/09, 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Geoff said: I suppose we can buy water filters to take the chemicals out, but they aren't cheap and you have to keep replacing the active filtration cartridge at about a quid a go (weekly ?).

You’re right and why should we pay this unnecessary cost. Isn't this a case of the polluter pays? Shouldn't SWW supply us with water filters?
geoff

PostPosted: 06/04/09, 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rhodie"]
Quote:
...Shouldn't SWW supply us with water filters?

Now there's a thought - I dare you to try it !

G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: