uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 01/12/08

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 01/07/09, 13:49    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 01/12/08 Reply with quote

Committee Meeting Minutes 1.12 08
Present P Messer. R Jones D Jones E Clarke M Brimicombe A Boella D Gear [KGV Trustees]
Apologies A Caddy Alex Mclennan
Chairmans Report. Updated fixture list presented. Add Friday 14th August Candles on Cobb match. Devon League 20/20 competitions. Ashley C to be consulted re team entry.
12th Dec Mole Valley Auction includes tickets for First test at Cardiff.
Ground Report. A number of issues were discussed with D Gear . These are to be reported back to the KGV Trustees in January where P Messer will represent the club.
Flag Pole cut down. Sight Screen removed from far end of the ground. Netting rolled up above hedge line to allow hedge to be cut. Village Hall protected against footballs etc but Village Hall Committee believe net to be an eyesore. The club will repair the fence by the river and remove weeds. In return it is hoped the Trustees will strim to prevent further growth of weeds. Club will cut the grass back to the boundary line as they have done.
Area around club house to be maintained by the club. D Gear offered to help cut and strim this area. Club does maintain the area during the summer but close season rubbish is left by others using the seats as a meeting area. The cricket club recycles all cans and bottles. Club to repair and paint the score box. Artificial strip to be repaired by the club.
Weeds on the outfield need to be treated. Joint decision needs to be made on how this will be done.D Gear reported that the KGV to finance labour, club to finance materials. Club have received an estimate of 1200 to dig out and repair the drainage system at the club house end of the ground. Trustees asked to contribute to the cost and to investigate the possibility of grant aid. The cricket clubs 25 year lease of the club house ended in 2008. Trustees to decide on way forward. Renewal of lease to club with 5 per year rent and maintenance of field agreement or trustees take full rental responsibility for club house and fields. Action P Messer to report back on these issues at the next committee meeting.
Ground Sub Committtee R Jones D Jones M Brimicombe A Beolla agreed to form the committee. Adam was welcomed and coopted to the committee. Before the next meeting they will repair the fence, cut and scarify the square. Henry will be asked to meet the committee to give advice on ground maintenance.
Players Meeting and Curry night . Ashley to be asked to coordinate this social to include a signing on session. All players to register for the Devon League. Aim to have a complete list of registered players by the end of March 09.
Fees 2009 Season The following subs were agreed
20 Playing members, 15 Junior members, 10 Non playing members 10 100 Club Membership
Nets. At Woodroffe School 8 to 9 .30 Thursdays 26th March , 9th April, 16th April
23rd April, 30th April. Ashley will also be organizing some indoor cricket matches at Woodroffe.
Cricket Week As part of Lyme Regis Sport 09 project it is proposed to hold a cricket week during the last week in August. Matches to be played afternoons and evenings culminating in the Presidents Match on Sunday 30th August. Alex to invite touring clubs to play on Tuesday, Wednesday and or Friday of that week. Eddie to arrange junior games. Paul to arrange Pub games. Discuss with Talbot.
East Devon Cricket Development Group. Eddie to attend meeting on behalf of the club
Junior Section 09 season under11, 13 and 15 will represent the club/school in the West Dorset Junior league. Help with coaching and umpiring always welcome.
AOB
Bar Sub Committee needs to be formed. Agreed to ask A Caddy and A Rattenbury to form a committee but also for a combined tea / bar duty rota to be planned for 09 season.
Umpiring Courses to be investigated by Eddie for those interested.
David Jones drew the 100 Club Prizes for November and December.
November Winner Number Prize
Mike Hankey 83 30
Phil Pattimore 21 10
Mrs Pat Day 76 10
December
David Reed 13 100
Rachel Maltby 36 50
George Barlow 35 35
R A Beavis 96 25
Marylene Moore 31 20
Julian Collier 16 20

Next Committee Meeting
Monday 26th January 6.30 in Clubhouse.

EAC 01. 12. 08
CC All members
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group