uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 01/02/10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death

Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 03/02/10, 08:35    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 01/02/10 Reply with quote

Committee Meeting 1st February 2010
Players Meeting
Discussions took place about selection of players for the coming season.
The aim is for both 1st and 2nd teams to gain promotion. To achieve these aims the following points were agreed;
1. The need to get the balance of the teams right with players understanding their roles
2. To integrate younger players into the first team.
3. To have organised training sessions and expect those selected to attend
Pre Season Nets
Nets at Woodroffe will run on Thursdays from 18th March.
Captains to contact players personally and invite them to nets.
Players will be given signing on forms, registration forms and 100 Club forms at nets.
These must be returned with full payment before the start of the season.
Ashley will try to arrange a pre season friendly with Seaton for both 1st and 2nd XIs on either Sunday 18 or 25 April or a 20/20 on Wednesday 21st April.
Eddie will try to arrange an umpire’s rota for the season.
Full Committee
Apologies. BJ Rattenbury, S Rattenbury, A Dare and A Mason
Minutes of last meeting. Accepted. Matters arising dealt with in the meeting.
Chairman’s Report
Paul reported back from the League AGM. 2nd Team League winners Cup and medals given to Ali to present at nets. 1st XI subs £79, 2nd £51. Abusive language heard by both umpires will be reported to the league. Score cards and match balls have been ordered.
Paul showed draft of new club handbook which was approved. This will be printed mid March. Talbot fixtures required.
Paul announced Candles on the Cricket Club match Friday 13th August
Hope also to arrange a match v Somerset to support Lifeboat Week. Ashley to arrange.
Ian Rodin attended on behalf of the Talbot. Talbot players to be asked to play £10 membership fee. To be then charged £11 per match. Fee to be raised from opposition and non-members who play occasionally for the Talbot. Ian to pass on Talbot fixtures a.s.a.p. for inclusion in the handbook. Paul to issue club house key to Talbot. They will also have their own code for the door as will the Croquet Club.
Bar and Social
Mark Brimicombe and Dave Norman agreed to contact BJ Rattenbury and Steve Rattenbury to set up sub committee. Their role will be to ensure that the bar is fully stocked at all times. To arrange the tea and bar rota for match days. To organise socials at the club the first of which will be the stag match on 2nd May. Ashley has secured a TV for the World Cup Steve B can provide a booster. It is hoped that the bar will profit if players stop to watch the football after cricket matches.

Ali to pass on keys to Billy White and ask him to meet Eddie at the ground to discuss his work. Roger will also be available to advise.
Cricket Ground Force Weekend 27th and 28th March. 10am both days.
All prospective members are encouraged to turn up on one or both days to help prepare the ground for the season. It is vital that members show a commitment to the club and turn up to help.
Treasures Report
Current account £2,500 Reserve account £2, 893
Mowers serviced £556 and insurance £1,000 due.
Agreed to buy new mobile net at £350 with grants from Carnival, Candles on Cobb and possibly from Dorset Playing Fields Association. Monies granted on the basis of youth development.
Also required Topsoil, Loam and grass seed. Eddie to contact Roger to discuss.

Practice Net
It was agreed to buy another practice net to be erected where required with guy ropes and pegs. Cost £350 to be covered by grants to develop youth cricket from the Carnival committee, Candles on the Cobb and possibly the Dorset Playing Fields Association. Ashley to purchase.

Subs and Match fees. Agreed to keep both at the present rate but to review this next season. Players will be asked for £1 per head for away games to support drivers with petrol money
SB asked why the drainage work had not been done. Edwards’ had promised to carry it out but failed to do so without explanation. Other firms to be approached to do the work next October. EC to investigate.

Date of next meeting Monday 22nd March 6pm Full Committee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group