uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Match Report - 28th March 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Youth Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 29 Sep 2005

Posts: 66
Location: Church St, Uplyme

PostPosted: 29/03/10, 09:36    Post subject: Match Report - 28th March 2010 Reply with quote

Under 15 JG Memorial Cup Semi Final
Beacon Knights 7 – 2 Uplyme Youth

Uplyme out of the Cup
Uplyme kicked off on a sticky pitch but were quickly forced back into their own half where Beacon Knights took up residence for the first ten minutes and kept the Uplyme defence very busy preventing any score. Uplyme‘s forwards then had the odd foray forward; notably Kyle Knight and captain Sam Jones working well together. However pressure on the Uplyme goal was relentless and inevitably, in the twelfth minute, a very well executed corner by Beacon Knights resulted in the ball being headed into the net. In the next five minutes they produced two more well executed corners; the second resulting in another headed-in goal. Ten minutes later a shot was lifted over Uplyme’s keeper Brett James outstretched hands and a third goal resulted. Shortly after restart Uplyme were awarded a free kick but Jones’ shot hit crossbar hard - but no score. Uplyme’s defence kept up their hard work; notably of the backs George Heath worked hard but shortly before half time, after the ball was fended off by keeper James, Beacon Knights got their fourth goal.

In the second half Uplyme were a different team and play in the first ten minutes was spent in the Beacon Knight’s half. Markedly the Uplyme mid-field passed the ball forward well and in the seventh minute Will Ridout found Knight who fought hard and slotted the ball in the net. Beacon Knights responded by pressing forward but the Uplyme midfield and defence worked hard and kept them out. In the twenty-seventh minute Uplyme were rewarded by a second goal thanks a robust run forward by Jones and a pass to Jack Heath who put the ball in the net. Subsequently Beacon Knights made substitutions and only a minute later replied with their fifth goal and four more minutes later their sixth. The remainder of the second half was a 50/50 game. Uplyme’s mid field working hard; conspicuously Matt Pile appeared all over the field and forced the ball forward. However just before the final whistle Beacon Knights scored again and thus the final score was a 7 – 2 victory for Beacon Knights who go through to the cup final next month. Uplyme’s Man of the Match was judged to be the hard working Matt Pile. Uplyme’s next outing is an East Devon league a match on Tuesday 14th April against Colyton – an evening kick-off at 6.30 pm.
Tim Fox
Autumn Rise
Church Street
01297 443072
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Youth Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group