uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 09/08/10

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 14/08/10, 15:05    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 09/08/10 Reply with quote

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on 9 August 2010

Attendees: Mark Brimicombe, David Jones, Dave Norman, Paul Messer, Neil Price, Jerry Sims.

Apologies: Eddie Clarke, Brian Rattenbury,

Minutes of previous meeting Accepted

Matters Arising:
Dorset Playing Fields: Paul has not yet written to the DPA as he was waiting for the under 11s cup final. As the team won he can now include details in the letter

Chairmanís Report.
Big Pink / Candles on the Cobb. Both games have been cancelled.
RNLI match: was very successful. Profit from food sales raised £120 for the RNLI. Rob Michael of the RNLI asked if we would like to hold it again next year. The Committee agreed. The committee gave a vote of thanks to Mark, Paul and June for making the food and manning the bar. Agreed to give a £50 donation from the bar takings.
Presidents Day: need a club skipper for the day. Paul will talk to Ashley. Paul and June will do the tea but need help with the cakes. David Jones and Jerry volunteered.
Sponsors: Lyme Bay Ribs and Lyme Bay Valeting monies still outstanding. Neil is still chasing up other unpaid sponsors. Philip Evans has confirmed that he will attend and present a cheque for £250 to Andy Mason.
125 Anniversary: Paul to chase up Ashley about getting a team from Somerset to come. Philip Evans has offered to produce a memorial brochure, if required.
Players who have not paid subs: Skippers will be asked to chase up relevant players. Players who have not paid will not be eligible for awards or invited to attend Presentation Night.
Bar: Lyme Bay Brewery has agreed to write-off the polypin which was past its sell by date and will give the Club trade discounts in future. Have started stocking bottles from the new Micro-brewery and sales have been very good. Just Fine Wines will swop the case of red wine for white.

State of the Club House: The Club House had been left untidy following the game on 31 July, dishes were left on the draining board and the sink was blocked. However it was far worse the following week when glasses and dishes had not been washed up and rubbish and chairs left all over the place. The pavilion is used by various other organisations and should be left tidy. It should not be left to a few individuals to clear up. Paul forgot to mention at the meeting that, due to the filthy state of the lounge and toilets, he has arranged for a professional cleaner to come in before Presidents Day. This will cost £20. If anybody objects and volunteers to do the cleaning (for free) then please let Paul know by 16 August.)


Treasurerís Report
Reserve £2899, Current £ 4325. Neil has received a letter from DCL about an underpayment of £11 caused by a DCL invoicing error. The annual cost of running the Club is about £2000. Should keep an additional £2000 for contingency, therefore there are some funds available to spend. It was suggested that work be done on the score box. Neil to ask Jon Hunt about repairs to the hut.
100 Club: additional tickets have been sold but there are still 4 unsold tickets. 7 players have not paid for their tickets. If players have not paid their tickets will not be entered in the drawn. 100 Club will be drawn on Presidentís day.

Captainsí Report
No Captains attended the meeting. It looks as if the second XI will be relegated.
Neil has written a personal letter to the Barnstaple Club Chairman regarding the behavior of their Captain during the recent game he umpired. He has decided not to make a formal complaint to the league as this would impact the Club more than the individual.
Need to look at the teams to be played next season. As the seconds may be relegated there will not be so much travelling. The general view was that the two league teams should continue as this year was exceptional with the lengthy overlap of football fixtures and the travelling. Having a second league team allows more players to participate and provides a springboard for the Youth Section. If players have to fight to play on a Saturday they may join another Club. The Captains should be asked what the players think.

Youth Section
Pleased to report that the Under 11 side won the Archie Masters Cup. All sides have played some good cricket and acquitted themselves well. Joe Bailey, Oscar Christopher , Kieran Bierpark Ď Henry Perry [under15s ] Jake Tansley, Glen Houlihan, Joe Herbert and Ben Blackmore U13 have all played second team cricket this year. Would like to give awards to the best bat, bowler and fielder in each of the three teams. Need to purchase 9 medals for those categories. Dave Norman to look at costs

Social
Presentation Night the Talbot is not available. Players of the Year voting slips to be given to the Captains for circulation
125th Anniversary: Players old and new to be asked to provide anecdotes which can be included in the Memorial Brochure.

AOB
Leaking Roof: Jerry and Mark will repair the hole in the roof above home changing room.

Next Meeting
Monday13 September at 18.30.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group