uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

devon hotel/Rohaise Court

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rawlings

PostPosted: 21/09/10, 08:35    Post subject: devon hotel/Rohaise Court Reply with quote

Does any one remember any thing about the Devon Hotel and what happened to it's owners. Was Roy Brown the last owner?
Any information would be gratefully received.
Donna22

PostPosted: 22/09/10, 05:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked there for years from 1996 and they were not the owners the Chantreys owned it and then another family before it was sold to developers.
Angela

PostPosted: 22/09/10, 19:43    Post subject: Devon Hotel Reply with quote

After Mr & Mrs Brown Mr & Mrs Davies owned the Devon Hotel, followed then by Mr & Mrs Blackshaw and then Mr and Mrs Chantrey who sold it to a couple called Derek and Angela.

I believe that Mrs Brown has now died (as did Mr Brown several years before her). After they left the hotel I believe they lived in Charmouth and latterly before her death she lived in a bungalow in Uplyme opposite Elton.
Rawlings

PostPosted: 29/09/10, 10:09    Post subject: devon hotel/Rohaise Court Reply with quote

Many thanks for this information. I have since found that Mr Brown deid in a nursing home in Honiton.
Any other information welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: