uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snow!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa Maskell

PostPosted: 19/12/10, 20:39    Post subject: Snow!!! Reply with quote

Hello people in Uplyme! My family and i have the pleasure of holidaying in the village from Wed 22nd Dec 2010. I was wondering whether anyone would be kind enough to give me a brief update on the local road conditions including roads to avoid? We all have quite a journey before arriving and would really appreciate any advice! Very Happy
Driver

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 07:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main road has been clear or was ! Gore Lane and Whalley Lane are, or were just passable with great care. We have fresh snow again (now) 07.15 Monday and forecast for more tonight there appears to no grit left so unless the the snow stops it may only get worse.
Anita

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 07:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy snow falling now and more foreast. I think it's a bit early to say what will be happening. The main roads (A35) and the road through Uplyme/Lyme had been passable but most of the side lanes are treacherous.

You may find you can get to the village but not get to your accommodation in which case you may be able to park in the village and walk. Where are you staying?
Lisa Maskell

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 08:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies! We are staying at Pitt White House on Mill Lane. It would be really helpful if you could give me an update on Tues too this weather is so unpredictable and localised at the moment! Would it be far to walk up there from the village? Only we have two young children and elderly parents!
Anita

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 08:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa

I'm not sure how good or bad Tappers Nap is, it's a steep hill that you'll need to drive down there to get to Mill Lane. Hopefully someone else can comment. Will try to remember to update on Tuesday for you.

It's currently still absolutely lashing down with snow, it looks glorious but the lanes are going to be difficult to use. The bad news is that the band of snow is still coming our way I believe so it's not going to get much better for the next couple of hours.
geoff

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa Maskell wrote:
...Would it be far to walk up there from the village? Only we have two young children and elderly parents!...

Lisa, it's barely a 5min snowy walk from where you are staying to (say) the pub. The most direct route would be along the river via the Glen, which although beautiful would probably be too slippy and rough for your parents.

Geoff.
Lisa Maskell

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all your responses to my messages i really appreciate the advice! That sounds positive Geoff as long as we can all get up there, there are plenty of us to help out mum and dad they are physically fit but obviously worry about them slipping in this weather! Really hope this weather improves before Christmas! Lisa
Lisa Maskell

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and the pub sounds very inviting Smile
Anita

PostPosted: 20/12/10, 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they've got a medium amount of mobility then you should be fine. We've had no more snow since 9am ish this morning. The main roads are currently fine...
Rev

PostPosted: 21/12/10, 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

All looking good. We arrived back today (after being stuck away for a few days). The main roads are all clear and although Tappers Knapp and Pound Lane were slippery, they were drivable with care. You should be fine. Have a safe trip tomorrow. Smile
Lisa Maskell

PostPosted: 21/12/10, 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks again for all the tips and advice, its lovely to know we are coming to stay in such a friendly village. We are all really excited about our trip and are looking forward to exploring the village and beyond (weather permitting!!) Merry Christmas Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: