uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meeting of Uplyme Parish Council, 12th October 2011 at 7:15

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Uplyme Parish Clerk



Joined: 23 Sep 2011

Posts: 71

PostPosted: 05/10/11, 13:38    Post subject: Meeting of Uplyme Parish Council, 12th October 2011 at 7:15 Reply with quote

Agenda


1. To accept apologies for absence.
The meeting will then be adjourned for a short presentation by the East Devon AONB team, followed by the Open Forum.
2. To adopt the Minutes of the previous meeting.
3. To note matters arising from the Minutes not covered by other agenda items.
4. Planning: report from the Planning Committee; to recommend a street name for the affordable housing; any other planning matters.
5. Finance: report on the position at 30th September; to resolve on the purchase of a noticeboard and digital projector; to approve the schedule of cheques for this month; any other finance issues.
6. Footpaths: report from the Footpaths Coordinator; any other footpaths issues.
7. Highway matters: to report any defects; to consider the purchase of a towable salt/grit spreader; any other highway issues.
8. Parish council land: to agree payment to the maintenance contractor and to hear a report on his performance; any other issues relating to PC land.
9. Playground: report on any issues relating to playground.
10. Flood relief: progress report on flood relief. Section 106 monies have been approved by EDDC, and subject to the legal agreement being available, the Council will be asked to resolve on a contractor, and on a grant to KGV to fund their part of the work.
11. Parish Tree Warden: Mr Ian Thomson has volunteered for this post. To agree his appointment (initially for one year).
12. County Councillor’s report.
13. District Councillor’s report.
14. Reports of any meetings attended by Councillors. Approval of expected travel expenses.
15. Correspondence. Items for decision: nominee for EDDC car parks review; should HGV sign be moved to end of Gore Lane; response to Met Office survey; 2 nominees for Neighbourhood Planning event.
16. Any other business. Cllr Whiting has some volunteers for the Parish Plan Working Party.
_________________
Lois Wakeman
Clerk to Uplyme Parish Council
http://uplymeparishcouncil.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Uplyme Parish Clerk



Joined: 23 Sep 2011

Posts: 71

PostPosted: 14/10/11, 08:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notes from the monthly Council meeting, 12th October 2011

The meeting was preceded by a presentation by the East Devon AONB team on initiatives that the village could take to provide information on local wildlife, for example, interpretation posts, information on web sites and posters, wildlife trails and so on. At the open forum, issues including the cleaning of the village stone, and the sorry state of empty properties in the village were discussed.

Planning:

Applications already dealt with by committee since last meeting

Lymewood Retirement Home Lyme Road. Variation of condition 4 of permission 06/0855/FUL to enable roofspace to be used as office and occasional sleep over facility including insertion of rooflights and removal of ground floor windows. The Parish Council objects to the application.

Tree Tops Lime Kiln Lane. Construction of two storey glazed rear extension and installation of solar panels on roof of garage. The Parish Council recommends consideration of neighbours’ privacy; otherwise, it does not object to the application.

Land At Lower Coombe Wadley Hill. Removal of hedge. The Parish Council supports this application. (To enable access for the new permissive footpath.)

Applications granted by EDDC since last meeting

Mrs Ethelston's School, Pound Lane. Construction of timber decking and steps for ancillary use. Refused on grounds of visual amenity.

Sun House Pound Lane. T1 Lime - remove deadwood and crossing branches 8 pruning cuts max 20cm, T2 Norway Maple - 15% crown reduction and reduce 2 lower limbs by 2.5m and 4.0m, T3 Ash - reduce crown by 30%, reduce 3 leaders by making 2 x 40cm and 1 x 30cm diameter cuts, T4 & T5. Granted with conditions.

Dalverton Rise Lyme Road. Extension of existing bathroom dormer window into bedroom 1 (renewal of 08/2194/FUL). Granted.

Dalverton Rise Lyme Road. Construction of first floor extension with dormers over existing garage (renewal of 08/2193/FUL). Granted.

Cllr Brown noted adverse press coverage in the Axminster Pulmans of EDDC planning deficiencies, especially the lack of an inspection at the end of developments.

Affordable housing: various names had been suggested for the development. The Council will be recommending ‘Denham Close’, as a tribute to Mrs Denham’s untiring commitment, without which the project would probably never have happened.

The Council resolved to purchase an oak noticeboard which will stand outside the Village Hall, where it is hoped more people will see it than at its present location, tucked in by the car-wash. It also resolved on the purchase of a digital projector, which will be used to show documents at meetings. In future, this will be essential for forthcoming all-electronic planning applications. Big Lottery Funding will cover the cost of the projector and screen.

Footpaths: an estimate will be requested for getting loose leaves blown off the path at the Glen, and Cllr Whiting will be asked to get estimates for digging out the mud, to improve this section of the East Devon Way. The footpath map by the King George’s Field gates has been renewed by the Chairman, so you can now find out about the local footpaths more easily.

Tree Warden: Mr Ian Thomson has kindly volunteered to be the Parish Tree Warden for the next year, and was appointed at the meeting. He will be advising on any planning applications for trees with Tree Protection Orders.

Highway matters: The Speedvisor was not turned around and the new battery installed when it should have been; but by the time you read this, it will probably have moved on to another Parish.
Cllr Forrester’s initiative to improve the Hunter’s Lodge junction got off to a good start with a meeting with our MP, who is keen to arrange a site meeting with the Highways Agency to see what can be done. A petition about the dangerous junction from the Raymond’s Hill PO was also handed to Cllr Forrester, and will be available again in Raymond’s Hill and the Uplyme PO for concerned residents to sign. Please support it.

Snow warden: training will be in Musbury, so Cllr Turner and his volunteers will be ready for the bad weather. The Council resolved to use some of the money from the Uplyme Speed Campaign fund (which has been dormant for many years) to purchase a towable gritter that can be used on a 4WD vehicle. Cllr Turner was thanked for all his hard work on getting the scheme going.

Playground: some play equipment and the bench have been temporarily moved, ready for imminent flood relief works. However the toddler slide will not be strong enough to replace after the work is done, and Cllr Forrester will investigate funding for a new freestanding one, which will cost over £2000!

Flood relief: the Council will be taking on the whole project to take storm water from the Village Hall ditch down towards the river (behind the tennis courts and along the hedge at the back of the playground). Section 106 money has been requested to defray the costs of the work, so it will not cost council taxpayers anything extra.
_________________
Lois Wakeman
Clerk to Uplyme Parish Council
http://uplymeparishcouncil.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group