uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ULRCC AGM Minutes - 07/10/2013

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 09/10/13, 08:24    Post subject: ULRCC AGM Minutes - 07/10/2013 Reply with quote

Uplyme and Lyme Regis Cricket Club
AGM 2013 October 7th.
Present Steve Howe, Eddie Clarke, Neil Price, Steve Batey , Derek Wellman, David Norman, Christine Matthews, BJ Rattenbury, John Hunt, Jerry Simms, Mark Brimicombe,
Apologies David Jones
Minutes of the last AGM accepted
Matters arising None
Ground report. John Hunt thanked SB and SH for the help given with the wicket and outfield throughout the season. John is happy to continue as grounds man next year. SH will be holding a session to show members how to use the mower and roller and how to mark out the wickets so that more members are able to help John when needed.
Chairmanís Report. Steve Howe
SH started by thanking Steve Batey for all the work he did in painting and decorating the clubhouse before the start of the season. He also thanked Rod Holmes for his work and Jed and Ben for the club sign.
Steve said it had been a good season both on and off the field. He reflected how well the seniors and juniors had played together. He thought the decision to bring in an overseas player had been a good one. Alex was a great success not necessarily in terms of a match winner, but his all round contribution to the club was important. He felt that the club should repeat the process next year with Alex again or with another candidate. He was also pleased with the monies raised from Presidents Day, the lifeboat match and the village fete. He intends to run the bar for the Horticultural Show as well next year.
Steve thanked Christine for the teas and Melodie Holmes, Rod and Steve B for bar management. For next season he hoped to gain more sponsors and improve the quality of the handbook. Suggestions made that the membership should be given a simple fixture card on payment of membership fee and the sponsors should have a place on a fixture calender as well as coverage in the local paper and match day board. Player of the month will continue. Steve is working more closely with the croquet club to in return for increased membership fees.
He thanked Eddie Clarke for the work he has done to introduce young players to the club and for the facilities that this has provided, two nets, an artificial wicket and cricket equipment by chasing up youth related grants. He proposed that EC should be made an Honorary member.
Treasurers report Neil Price
See profit and loss sheet. The club is £2,000 in the black but insurance is due in April along with bills for league membership and match balls. It is important that subs are collected promptly before the start of the season along with sponsorship monies. The maintenance of the bar is vital to the economic stability of the club and needs to be carefully monitored and nurtured.
Neil also attended the league meeting. Feedback was asked from clubs regarding the following issues: Declarations, length of games [ 40 overs per side] wides, registration of players, all through leagues. Uplyme were asked to return the Div E trophy but the club has never received it or the individual medals.









Secretaryís Report. Eddie Clarke
Club had 42 playing members all of whom played at least one game on a Saturday or a Sunday.
Most of the subs for membership were received before the start of the league season and a database was drawn up.
An inter club practice game took place prior to the start of the season but the 1st XI were below par in terms of preparation for the first game of the season.
The 2nd XI failed to raise a full side for three matches.
The 1st XI were indebted to Derek for his umpiring and the 2nd XI to Adie for his help with umpiring.
14 players aged under18 played for the club, 11 of them played most Saturdays. Rhys Davies was a regular for the 1st XI.
Points to consider for new committee and 2014 season
Pre season preparation . Could it be improved?
Important to get players together and focused for the start of the season and membership fees collected.
The Constitution states that selection should take place by committee of captains and vice captains. This was not the case.
Always need to keep open clear forms of communication with all the players to avoid overlooking available players.
Need to pick 12 for 2nd XI where possible and rotate the role of Umpire.
Young players provide half of the regular playing numbers.
They will always need support and encouragement and help to understand their roles in the team particularly when selected for the 1st XI.
Youth Report
U13 side finished second in the West Dorset league and the U15 side joint first with Dorchester. Matches played Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Training. Wednesdays and prior to home matches.
Need for more club members to become involved with the youth set up. Once EC has retired form Woodroffe the teams will have to become club based rather than school based, e.g The school mini bus will no longer be available for away games.
There is a need to form a club youth committee. EC is willing to sit on such a committee.
EC is resigning as secretary from committee after 7 years service.
Suggests that all committee members have a set term of office [5 years] after which other members should take over the roles. This will ensure that the club is looking forward and encouraging more members to contribute to the running of the club.


Captainís Report
Steve Batey felt it was one of the most successful seasons. The 1st XI finished 5th in D Div. only 18 points from the top. This is the highest position the club has achieved and provides a benchmark for future achievements.
The 2nd XI had an equally good season and finished 3rd in their league. They played enjoyable games with the opportunity for everyone to make a contribution.
Sunday XI Report
Jerry Simms reported five games played plus a midweek game in August.
Jerry agreed to continue running the Sunday side but did not want to have to do teas. Committee needs to make arrangements for Sunday teas for next season.
Agreed to arrange a similar number of fixtures next year. There are not enough players willing to play regularly on Sundays.

Election of Officers
Proposer / Seconder
President EC BR
Chairman Steve Howe EC BR
Treasurer Neil Price EC DN
Secretary David Jones BR DW
Fixture Sec Eddie Clarke DW DN
1st XI Captain Steve Batey EC SH
2ndXI Captain
is standing down it was agreed to ask Rod Holmes to take up the role. EC to contact Rod.
Sunday Captain Jerry Simms BR DN
Committee Members , all of the above plus Brian Rattenbury, John Hunt, Mark Brimicombe, Christine Matthews agreed to continue and David Norman agreed to join the committee.
Honorary Member Eddie Clarke SH DW

AOB
DW Rope winder to be ordered using grant from Town Council
DN Concerned about dog mess. Members need to warn dog walkers to pick up mess and keep dogs on lead using the footpath only to access the far field.
EC Lyme Locks has been asked to fix the garage door.
CR Need to improve communication to all members of the club
SB Palmers Brewery has offered to install bar pumps. Will be useful for functions, Fete etc. To be discussed at the next committee meeting.
JS Will shut down the water in the club house at the end of the month

100Club
August September
Marion Jones £30 Dave Norman £30
R Beavis £10 Eddie Clarke £10
S Edwards £10 £10

Next meeting Monday 4th November 7.30 in the Talbot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group