uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 28/07/14

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 30/07/14, 20:10    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 28/07/14 Reply with quote

The meeting began with an introduction to Club Mark by Sean Fitzgerald who will be our mentor in the accreditation process. He outlined the four areas in which we need to satisfy ECB – 1. Duty of Care and Safeguarding Children. 2. The Cricket Programme. 3. Knowing your Club and its Community – One Game. 4. Club Management. The club must be open to all and we are allowed up to three years to obtain accreditation and the ECB will look favourably on Clubs accredited or seeking accreditation for grants and loans. Amongst other benefits are coaching assistance and access to NatWest competitions and support. Sean stressed that there was website support for each subject and that he was available for advice at every stage. Once we had modules completed he would call and sign them off or suggest further action. It was agreed that David Jones would be the contact for Sean and that he would take the Club Mark file home and to report back with the possible delegation of various subjects to individual members and formation of a sub-committee. We thanked Sean for his attendance.


APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – B.R.,S.B.,R.H.,D.W.,D.N.
THE MINUTES OF MEETING OF 30 JUNE WERE AGREED
MATTERS ARISING
STANSTED CC Match – letter of thanks received and they would like another match next year – DJ has replied.
DJ has e-mailed Uplyme Parish Council re future plans and has received an acknowledgement.
Harvey Brimicombe ran the bar at the Horticultural Show and takings were £190 approx. Profit on this covered the hire of Chardstock ground and it was agreed to make a nominal (goodwill) donation of £20 to the Uplyme and Lyme Regis Horticultural Society. Thanks to Harvey.
Practice net has been repaired by Jerry Sims – if not satisfactory a better job can be done in the close season.
DJ has spoken to EC regarding youth teams for 2015 and Eddie felt that U15 and U11 should be OK but there was some doubt about U13. He will be going into school in early 2015 to do some coaching and hopefully the situation will become clearer then. AD mentioned that for those taking GCSE sport, assisting with coaching was a perfect opportunity.
CHAIRMAN’S AND CAPTAINS’ REPORTS
SH confirmed that Jenny would do teas for this Saturday and Melody for next Saturday as the Matthews were not available.
A coach had been booked for the Corinthian Cup Final at Plymstock on Sunday - £10 per head – some seats still available.
SB had stated that the Club had played well in Cups but batting in league matches had been poor which he attributed to poor practice wickets. JH admitted that the practice wickets had not been up to his usual standard owing to dry weather and the number of match wickets he had to prepare. It was felt that poor practice wickets was only a partial excuse and EC said he would make himself available for any batsman wanting additional coaching and that he was surprised that the artificial strip was not used at nets. DJ conveyed this to SB and SB intends to use the artificial at nets this Wednesday. RH had reported that the 2nd X1 was going well. It was reported that there were still some selection issues and there was a need for a more structured approach next season. SH reported that he had spoken with AD regarding Adrian replacing him at The AGM next year. AD said that he was prepared to become chairman next year with support from SH as Vice-Chairman, but would not stand in the way of any other candidate. He also requested that any support he might give to the Club remain anonymous in future. This was agreed.
SECRETARY’S REPORT
DJ had chased up honours boards but had agreed that they would be left for both 2013 &2014 winners to be put on together. Can Club captains please collect cups from 2013 winners as soon as possible.
Grant Application – we received 50% of the requested amount from Lyme Regis Town Council, but there was press comment that we did not supply evidence of grant-seeking or fund-raising. In fact, DW had included some details in the application but DJ had written to the council listing all our recent grant and fund raising efforts, in clarification (letter was circulated).
DCL have requested a one-minute’s silence before matches on 2 & 3 August re the fallen in WW1 – DJ will inform SB.
Injury to Phoebe Rowe on 28 June. DJ has written letter wishing her well and Rodney Rowe (father) thanked DJ last Saturday and confirmed that Phoebe had made a complete recovery.
DJ had attended KG5 Field Inspection and subsequent trustees meeting. The points raised with JH at recent meeting were repeated, including the anchoring of sightscreens. It was agreed that DJ would investigate the roll-up type of screens as seen at Bere Regis. It was agreed that KG5 would charge the Saturday morning footballers £10 per week in future. A tree growing in the hedge in front of the Village Hall will be taken down. They are still awaiting planning permission to allow pruning of the trees just inside the main gate of the ground. Trustees have funds of around £6800 but may need to re-surface the court in the near future. Trustees were very pleased with the area around the pavilion and would write thanking JH. Their next meeting is 24 September 2014.
DJ stated that there were still too many membership fees outstanding at this time of the season.
GROUNDSMAN’S REPORT
JH reported difficulty in repairing ends owing to the weather. The home dressing room is being left in chaos and he is to place a letter on the wall laying down the law. Bar takings at Lifeboat match £763.19p (including £380 tab). He handed over various funds to NP. He will be away on holiday from 18 August. He will give up as groundsman at end of season, but will help out with the ground and may also do teas.
TREASURER’S REPORT
NP reported CA £2585 SA £398, not including any funds handed over tonight and reminded us that there were still monies owed to Axminster Garden Machinery and 100 Club prizes to be paid.
NP had received two bills re alarm, one for annual service (although last done in December 2013) and then for fault repair. He will discuss with company.
100 CLUB DRAW - AUGUST winners £30 Mike Hankey, £10 John Richards, £10 Ray Edwards.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
CM confirmed that she and Terry were not available for teas for the next two Saturdays and would not continue next season. She had been extremely frustrated prior to a recent match at not being able to contact SB or other members of the committee when there was doubt about whether the match was on. She has a new mobile number of 07548189958.
DJ reported a recent phone call from David Gear, chairman of KG5 trustees as follows:-
1. Pallets to be kept behind the new pavilion – children have been throwing them into river.
2. Travis Perkins banner not to be displayed on ground without permission from KG5 – he suggests we write for permission. SH reports that he got the idea from Horticultural Show.
DJ to write advising that the banner will only be up on match days and that Travis Perkins are providing support for drainage which will be of benefit to the field as a whole.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING – TUESDAY 26 AUGUST AT 7.30PM IN THE PAVILION

In Addition :

Presentation Night (addition to minutes of 28 July)

Adrian Davies confirmed that he, Steve Batey, and Jenny Howe were organising the Presentation Night as follows:-

Venue; Lyme Regis Football Club at 7 for 7.30 on Friday 5 September 2014

Cost; £12.50p per head to include 3-course hot and cold buffet meal.

Steve Howe to contact Oliver Ford Davies, well-known actor and Uplyme resident to invite him to be guest of honour.

Put your name and number of guests, if any on the list in the pavilion as soon as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group