uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOTAL WHO SHOW at The Marine Theatre, Sat 21 November 2015

View previous topic :: View next topic  
totalwhoshow

PostPosted: 11/11/15, 15:25    Post subject: TOTAL WHO SHOW at The Marine Theatre, Sat 21 November 2015 Reply with quote

Hi there - Geoff has kindly allowed me to post here - hope to see you there!

On Saturday 21 November, all the classics of iconic rock band, The Who, hit the stage at the Marine Theatre in Lyme Regis. The Total Who Show delivers an incendiary set of songs performed by top British act, Johnny Warman's Magic Bus, including Won't Get Fooled Again, My Generation, Pinball Wizard, Who Are You, Substitute, and Behind Blue Eyes.

Johnny Warman's Magic Bus comprises world-renowned session musicians who have worked with Elton John, David Bowie, Ringo Starr, Peter Gabriel, Asia, Julian Lennon, ABC, Cheap Trick, Bruce Springsteen, Foo Fighters, and many more.

"Back in 1971, a friend put on a cassette that changed my life forever – Who's Next," says front man, Johnny Warman. "Ever since, my love of The Who has never left me. So a few years ago, I formed a band of world-class musicians to perform the best of The Who’s music. We don't dress up as The Who. We pay tribute to the band in our own way, bringing our individual flair and energy to the songs."

Johnny has close links with the biggest band of the era – The Beatles – and signed to Ringo Starr's record company in 1977. While recording his first solo album at Tittenhurst Park, where John Lennon recorded 'Imagine', Ringo's then 13-year-old son, Zak Starkey – and The Who's current drummer – showed Johnny his new drum kit. "When Zak opened the door, the room was filled with Keith Moon's famous 'Pictures of Lily' drum kit," says Johnny.

To this day, Johnny, Ringo and Zak remain friends. Johnny has opened for Ringo's All Starr Band, featuring musicians including Zak, Todd Rundgren, Joe Walsh, Nils Lofgren, Timothy B. Schmit, Dave Edmunds and Tim Cappello.

Tickets are £14.50 (£12.50 concessions) and available by calling 01297 442138 or visiting [url].http//www.marinetheatre.com/the-total-who-show-saturday-21st-november/[/url]
totalwhoshow

PostPosted: 11/11/15, 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's a quick promo video to whet your appetite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbdhMFoGRx0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: