uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 22/07/13

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 24/07/13, 07:52    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 22/07/13 Reply with quote

Committee Meeting Monday 22 July. Present. JH MB BJR SH SB NP EC DJ DW CM
Minutes of last meeting. Accepted. Matters Arising. None
Chairman’s Report. Praise for young players doing good job for the club and thanks to CM for teas. Melody Holmes has agreed to do teas on 3rd August.
Captains Report SB Three lost games disappointing. Some players not wanting to play 1st XI cricket ? Bar to be restocked for three games this week.
Ground Report JH Steve Howe to prepare the wicket 5-9th August when JH away.
Practice nets to take place only on the Astroturf or the wicket next to it or on the end wicket at the opposite end of the square. Use alternate ends.
Prepared wickets for Saturdays are not to be used for practice.
Proposed to lay 100 bags of Mendip Loam in the close season. Should John be expected to travel to away games having worked all of Saturday morning on the wicket? Would it be preferable for both 1st and 2nd XI to share scorer for home games. Decision to travel left with John.
Lifeboat Match Friday 6pm start. Copper Barrel will be bought. Bar to be outside under gazebo. Mark B to prepare a chilli. Derek to select team. Thursday match v touring side. Jerry Sims is organizing.
Trustees Requests. DW Swop the position of the nets so that the new one is by the score box and the old one by the pavilion. This has been done. Sight screen should be secured in front of the pavilion after matches. . The fence by the river has been treated with weed killer. The wicket cover has been folded up and stored. Wallace Blackmore will order a skip @ £60 to remove rubbish behind the pavilion.
Treasurers Report. NP Current account £1,686. Savings Account £398
100 club [79 numbers sold] July draw £30 Bruce Maltby, £10 David Jones £10 David Reed. £55 cost of club photo. Neil to order medals for the junior and senior presentation evenings. Junior presentation Friday 6th September 4.30 pm at the club.
Club Mark EC presented a file containing the club’s constitution, the roles of committee members and the criteria required to obtain club mark. He announce he would be stepping down from the committee after the September meeting and therefore if would be better if the new committee took the application for club mark forward into the 2013/ 2014 season. The club needs to decide on a youth policy and strengthen its links with The Woodroffe School. EC will still be available to support the club if requested to do so by the committee.
AOB Score sheets need to be completed and left in the clubhouse for collection on Sundays for distribution to league and press. 1st XI sheet v Honiton needs to be sent to @hotmail.com this weekend.
Presentation Evening 13th September 7 for 7.30 pm at the Golf Club Deposits to DW
Club has been granted £745 from Town Council for boundary rope winder and super sopper. Winder will be purchased first. Please ensure that all equipment is put away in the correct place after games and practice.
Next meeting Monday 2nd September 7pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group