uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wildlife on the Lym

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Wildlife and the Environment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhodie

PostPosted: 19/10/05, 22:45    Post subject: Wildlife on the Lym Reply with quote

I heard some time ago that dippers and kingfishers were not to be found on the Lym in Uplyme anymore.
Has anyone seen these two birds on the river recently?
A good spot to see dippers was from the bridge by the Roost. I did see one in Lyme at the town mill a few weeks ago.

What about otters. There were a couple of recent reports of them being seen downstream of the Colway Lane bridge. As they cover such a large area there is every chance that part of their territory includes Uplyme.
Joss

PostPosted: 09/11/05, 09:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhodie
I saw a dipper in the Lym last week at the bottom of our garden, we back onto the cricket pitch in Uplyme. Its the first time I've seen one this far up the river.
No sign of kingfishers though. Sad
Rhodie

PostPosted: 11/11/05, 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Joss. I suppose we can assume that dippers are in all places between the bottom of your garden and the centre of Lyme. I even saw one at the Cobb a couple of weeks ago. I still would like to hear if anyone sees a kingfisher on the river. Or from a regular walker of the banks who hasn't seen one for years.
alcairns@aol.com

PostPosted: 13/02/06, 08:26    Post subject: Willlife on the Lym Reply with quote

I saw a single dipper on the Lym yesterday (12/2/2005). It was foraging on the river bed for about twenty minutes. I live on Glebelands and my house backs on to the river.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Wildlife and the Environment All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: