|Uplyme Parish Clerk
Joined: 23 Sep 2011
|Posted: 23/09/13, 14:10 Post subject: Flood awareness evening at the Village Hall tomorrow 24/9
|• Are you concerned about flooding?
• Would you like to find out more about Uplyme's flood warning service?
• Do you want to get involved in Uplyme's Emergency Plan?
• Would you like advice on how to prepare your home or business for the possibility of flooding - to stay safe, minimise damage and recover as quickly as possible?
If so, please come along on Tuesday 24th September.
Several local organisations have got together to put on an information evening for all local residents who are, or may be, affected by flooding. There will also be advice for business owners, as well as householders, and if you know anyone who might be interested, please tell them about the event.
Evening Exhibitions from 7 till 9: chat to representatives from:
• Uplyme Parish Council: find out about the local situation and also volunteer to help in an emergency
• East Devon District Council: find out what the District Council can do to help you
• Devon County Council: find out what the County Council can do to help you
• Environment Agency: find out about EA initiatives including flood warning systems
• Climate SouthWest: get specific adaptation advice for your business or organisation
There will also be an Evening Presentation at 8-8:30, when the Environment Agency will give you general advice on how you can prepare for flooding.
Contact Lois Wakeman, Uplyme Parish Clerk, for more information. Telephone: 01297 444707. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clerk to Uplyme Parish Council