uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 02/12/13

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 06/12/13, 11:42    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 02/12/13 Reply with quote

Minutes of committee meeting – Monday 2 December 2013

Present :- SH DJ NP CM SB RH Apologies :- BR DW

Minutes of meeting on 4 November agreed

Matters arising

DJ reported that DW had no further news of likely delivery date for boundary rope winder
RH will examine roof & undertake gutter repairs
JS has turned off water in pavilion
DJ had still not been able to access league fixtures for 2014 season although SB thought they had been published
DJ has booked All Saints for the league match on 14 June (Village Fete) and will attempt to hire Axminster pitch for 12 July (Horticultural Show)
A club wreath was laid on the War Memorial on 10 November

Chairman’s and Ground Report

SH remained very pleased with the covering of grass on the square and has had the spiker repaired by the Golf Club at a cost of £60.
It was agreed that SH would produce a small booklet of fixtures for members in 2014
SH has obtained a quantity of foam which will be useful in mopping up water from the wicket and covers.
SH and SB will liaise to finalise the arrangements for the football match v Lyme Regis F.C. on Boxing Day

Secretary’s Report

DJ will update the club signing – on form for 2014. A discussion was held on the prices in view of our relatively modest financial position and both captains felt that that membership fees were low compared to other clubs. It was agreed to increase the fees as follows: Playing Senior Member £30 (£40 if paid after 30 April) Student 14+ £15 Colts £10. Non-playing members to remain at £10 but we will ensure that anyone using the bar regularly becomes a member.
DJ has agreed for his name to be put forward as a trustee of KG5 – if accepted this will give the cricket club a vote at KG5 meetings.

Captains Reports

SB has spoken to Alex Taylor and given him two days to make up his mind about playing next season. He advises that there are four other overseas players available if Alex does not come. SB has arranged a flat and job for any overseas player and has had a clear-up in the pavilion. He reported two matches v Palmers on 21 May at home and 25 June at North Perrott. At least four regular first team players will be unavailable on 29 June 2014 and SB foresaw problems on that day and in having enough first team players in general. He has also arranged a match v Snodland CC on the third Sunday of September.There were likely to be at least four long journeys next season and a discussion took place on how to recompense the drivers – no decision taken

RH reported that he did not expect numbers to be a problem next season as he has already had many approaches from mainly young and old to play for the seconds. Unfortunately he did not regard any as first team players for next season.

Treasurer’s Report

NP reported the club’s balances as Current Account £1250 Deposit Account £398 and stressed the need for us to obtain as much money as possible by way of membership fees and sponsorship by March/April as we have to pay out around £1800 then for insurance league fees and match balls.

The December 100 Club draw was made as follows:-
£100 I McMurtry
£ 50 D Jones
£ 35 J Price
£ 25 S.Batey
£ 25 N Price
£ 20 K Ferguson


A discussion was held on the slideshow of the latest proposals for the re-organisation of the league in 2015 but no firm decision will be taken until the 2015 League AGM. It was agreed to look at the proposed rule changes and to decide which way to vote at our next meeting prior to the League AGM on 31 January 2014.

Any Other Business

CM reported that she had donated £10 to Children in Need and £10 to the Phlilipines Disaster following the receipt of £20 from the Club in recognition of her excellent work on teas during last season

Next Committee Meeting 13 January 2014 at 7.30pm in the Talbot Arms
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group