uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 30/06/14

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 08/07/14, 13:31    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 30/06/14 Reply with quote

UPLYME AND LYME REGIS CRICKET CLUB
MINUTES OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD IN THE PAVILION AT 7.30PM ON 30 JUNE 2014
PRESENT: BR, JH, NP, SB, DJ.
APOLOGIES: CM, DN, SH, DW.
THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF 2 JUNE 2014 WERE APPROVED
MATTERS ARISING
DJ reported that Adrian Davies had supplied fabulous food for the evening match against the touring side Stansted C C on Thursday 26th June. DJ had e-mailed his thanks on behalf of the club. John Hunt reported that £103 was received in the donation box re the food, £93 in bar sales and £100 cheque received from the visitors. Very generously Adrian Davies allowed the club to keep the proceeds.
Our Club Mark file has been forwarded to Sean Fitzgerald, who will look after us on behalf of Dorset Cricket. A first meeting will be arranged shortly and it is hoped that committee members as well as Eddie Clarke will be able to attend.
DJ wrote to all the life and honorary members and vice-presidents inviting them to attend President’s Day and to make a donation to the club. This resulted in £340 being received, mostly donations, but also some 100 club subscriptions. A good number of those written to, also came to President’s Day and were joined by Sally Holman, the mayor of Lyme Regis, who was wined and dined. Hopefully she will remember us when our grant application is discussed by the council.
KG5 MEETING – JH attended on behalf of the club and the most relevant items emerging from the meeting were; 1. We are requested to take down the poles outside the Village Hall at the end of the season – we have done this before and stored them in the away changing room, passing them through the window. 2. New grass pen required for cuttings – JH will arrange. 3. Croquet club are to rent a piece of the rear car park from the Village Hall to enable them to increase the size of their playing area.
SECRETARY’S REPORT
DJ reported that there was a panic before the fete caused by a phone call to Tim Edwards regarding the fact that we had not paid the £70 annual fee for the premises licence. This occurred because we did not receive the original invoice, which was sent to Paul Messer’s private address. DJ paid this amount on the day before the fete and asked EDDC to send any future invoices to NP. JH reports that when the beer has been paid for, we are likely to have made a profit approaching £500.
Eddie Clarke has distributed to members by e-mail details of an ECB survey inviting players and cricket lovers to give their views (prizes can be won).
An e-mail has been received re new game saver domed covers costing £2700 including VAT – we await the result of our grant application, but this seems a good price. Possible problems regarding where to keep them (possibly padlocked to the sight-screen at the far end?).
The Parish Council have asked for our development plans for the next 10 to 20 years – DJ will reply suitably.
Alfie Bellworthy has agreed to take on Sunday captain until the end of the season.
The club will run the bar at the Horticultural Show on 12 July, but will not sell cider as the “cider lady” who was at last year’s show will again be present. The bar will be run on a cans basis as the attendance and likely sales will probably be considerably less than at the fete, especially if the weather is not too good. We may make a nominal donation to the society, depending on our profit and bearing in mind that we have to pay £50 to hire an alternative ground. All being well JH and DJ will run the bar.
1ST TEAM CAPTAIN’S REPORT
SB reported that he only had nine players for 1st X1 last Saturday so the cancellation through rain was a relief – full complement available this week. SB asked about alarm faults and DJ confirmed that these had now been resolved. If Roger Moore does not weld practice net this week we may have to approach Haydn and Graham White. SB has meeting with Adrian Davies to discuss catering at a presentation evening at Lyme Regis Football Club by way of a hot buffet on Friday 5th September. It was confirmed that we will collect in the club trophies in August in order that we can engrave them with 2013 and 2014 winners in time for the presentation evening. This means that we will have to decide on the winners before the end of the season. There has been some difficulty with the Aussies’ landlady – SB will monitor the position. Annual swops of players in Australia and Uplyme may be possible in future – SB will investigate when he is in Australia later this year. SB also raised the possibility of a community mini-bus for use by the youth and senior teams of Lyme F C and Uplyme and Lyme Regis C C.
GROUNDSMAN’S AND BAR REPORT
JH advises that wicket 7 will be used for match v Honiton this Saturday. He asked that tea money and match fees be kept apart from bar takings by putting them in envelopes with contents marked on them.
TREASURER’S REPORT
NP reported balances as follows (not including further funds passed over to him at this meeting) – Current Account £2539 Savings £398, but warned that we still have to pay £700 to Axminster Garden Machinery, and between now and December £500 in 100 club prizes. He also advised that our monthly electricity direct debit was being increased from £23 to £42 because according to the company we used £248 of electricity between October 2013 and April 2014, when we were not using the pavilion. NP will investigate. The July 100 club winners were £30 David Jones, £10 D.Wellman, £10 M Hankey.
YOUTH REPORT
A discussion was held on the position next year and it was felt that there may only be enough players available for one youth team apart from the new Under 11 team to be raised by Eddie Clarke. It was agreed to consult Eddie about the prospects. JH and DJ hope to continue their support as scorer and umpire.
POSSIBLE TOUR IN 2016
SB reported good initial interest (25 – 35) and is looking at the week from Monday 20 June – Friday 24 June 2016. Possible airports Exeter and Bristol, destinations, Majorca or Portugal, preferably all - inclusive with a target cost of £250 per person (any funds required in excess of this to be fundraised). Payment would be by instalment commencing at the start of the 2015 season with all funds to be raised well before payment due. Standing orders could be used into club Savings Account, with the existing balance transferred to the Current Account. A member of the club will be required to oversee the financial side of the tour and to form a tour sub-committee with SB and Adrian Davies.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
SB reported that a new 17 year old player Laurie Thomas will be at nets on Wednesday.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Monday 28 July at 7.30pm in the pavilion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group