uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Family History

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kentucks

PostPosted: 14/07/20, 14:17    Post subject: Family History Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to the Forum and hope that you can help.

In 1913 my grandmother worked as a head cook at Leigh House near Chard. My grandfather is stated by another family member to have worked at Kilmington Court or Estate as a chauffeur at that time. Neither seem to exist, so it may have been at Coryton Estate in Kilmington. It is possible that the owners of these two significant estates were friends and that my grandparents met this way.
In 1930 it looks like both went to a funeral in Kilmington of one Arthur HItchcock and are described a cook and a chauffeur.

My father was born in Lyme Regis in 1923 and lived at Overwood on the Woodhouse Estate. (First house on the left on Woodhouse Fields). I know my grandfather Charles Alfred Tucker was a chauffeur to the Prescott family at Woodhouse Estate and I also recall him talking in the 50s and 60s about a 'Mrs? Cartwright', but I haven't found any details on either these. I am aware he took 'the Prescotts' to France and Spain on holiday in the 1930s. Neighbours were Jim and Ann Tasker, a Dorthy and a Polly?, who all worked for Woodhouse. If anyone has any treads on any of this, I would be very grateful. You can contact me on emailkentucker@gmail.com if easier. Many thanks, Ken Tucker
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: