uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why is uplyme so full of old people

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod

PostPosted: 06/11/06, 11:22    Post subject: why is uplyme so full of old people Reply with quote

why has uplyme reached epidemic levels of old people and lyme regis for that fact, i thought pensions weren't that good anymore.apparently i was wrong please could we have less old people so that the younger ones can actually enjoy themselves, go live in yorkshire for example
GGG

PostPosted: 06/11/06, 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wind-up, right? Or does Leicester University have a Kindergarten Department?
Rod

PostPosted: 06/11/06, 18:15    Post subject: How wrong GGG is Reply with quote

alright GGG keep your incontenence pants on, its a fact, we've got books infront of us, so we definately know it.why don't you tell your goldie oldie mates so that you can pack your bags and get moving so that when i'm back in the summer i won't be stuck behind your car.X
GGG

PostPosted: 06/11/06, 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you've got books, uh? Take a look in a few of them and maybe you'll discover that the first words in sentences start with capital letters. This ain't texting territory around here where the grown ups live. Wink
geoff

PostPosted: 08/11/06, 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rod,

Do you have any connection with Uplyme ?

Geoff.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 08/11/06, 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is youth wasted on the young but it is obvious, going by Rodís address, that education is also wasted on them.
Rod

PostPosted: 10/11/06, 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as i've lived in lyme and uplyme my entire life i feel that i can draw that judgement rhodie, and it is full of old people so my statement is actually correct. Anyway if you'd like me to plot it out for you on a chart or some sort of graph i will as well as the directions to Yorkshire, see you at christmas.
GGG

PostPosted: 10/11/06, 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod:

Nice to see you posting again. I was beginning to fear that your views on we old folk had found their way into the columns of the Leicester Mercury and you had been hunted down and lynched by the local OAPs.

The purpose of this post is to wish you well in your efforts to obtain a Phd. in Applied Ageism. I feel that on your present form you will walk it Ė despite your inability to locate the shift key on your pc for most of the time. However I am impressed that you have now learned to insert apostrophes in contractions.

Christmas. Uh? Thatís dangerously close.

Perhaps arrangements can be made to create an Old Persons Exclusion Zone throughout and village. This will enable you, wearing your baseball cap back to front and with wires coming out of your ears, to skateboard along Lyme Road without being impeded by those annoying old timers who drive cars at a speed within the limit, have need of Zimmer frames, rely on sticks or simply choose to walk.

But maybe not, if the enjoyment you referred to in an earlier post includes mugging little old ladies and snapping wing mirrors off cars? Cool

Oh yeah, may we know why Yorkshire is up there alongside the elderly at the top of your hate list?
Rod

PostPosted: 11/11/06, 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres the shift key for you SHIFT KEY, I'm suprised that you even knew it was called that. I think you should go have a little nap grandad and chill out for a bit, none of my comments are actually ageist and if taken that way then it is your sense of humour which you should be worried about. On the subject of grammar maybe you can explain this garbage at the end of your sentence 'Old Persons Exclusion Zone throughout and village.' I shouldn't worry about my contraction structure, maybe you should try looking at your grammar. oh and after the word ears there shouldn't be a comma, I could go on but what would that prove.
I neither care nor want to take up skateboarding and when i refered to being held up, it was refering to old drivers as I to drive and the only reason most of you do is that grandads law where you all got given licenses.
To finish I don't dislike either the old or Yorkshire but I like the fact hta one is hundreds of miles away and the other could do with being the same.
GGG

PostPosted: 11/11/06, 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered how long it would take before you threw your rattle out of the pram and now you have done so.

In my book he who loses his temper loses the argument so I win.

Thank God it's finished, because I'm sure anyone who bothered to read this exchange of posts was, like me, getting totally bored by it. Rolling Eyes
Rod

PostPosted: 13/11/06, 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are to cool for school GGG. trust me im not upset, i idnt realise we were arguing from the looks of things you seemed to agree more than anything.anyway im back on the 15th so you can treat me to a pint
gutter

PostPosted: 17/11/06, 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be too cool for school ….I’m not upset, I didn’t

If rod is an example of the virtues of being young and what having a university education can do for you I’m glad I’m old and stupid!
Donna22

PostPosted: 17/11/06, 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Rod uplyme is a rather boring place to live and not a lot to do in Lyme Regis either but not a lot we can do about it just dont wake the old people when your comming home at night lol
ALEXFIDO

PostPosted: 19/11/06, 08:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning young doughnuts,here,s something mother used to say to me "boredom is an affliction only suffered by the halfwitted".happy days
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: