uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winsham 5 Uplyme 2- outgunned in the second half

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilly

PostPosted: 18/03/07, 12:51    Post subject: Winsham 5 Uplyme 2- outgunned in the second half Reply with quote

Sad No-one will be surprised to see the score, but the disappointing part is that we were leading 2-1 at half time.

I lost the toss, which was critical, as they chose to kick uphill an into a fierce wind. This gave them all the momentum in the second half.

We started brilliantly, and had their defense turned constantly. Our first goal came from a defensive mixup, and Rory (I THINK) nodded over their goalkeeper.
Winsham replied with a route one-goal which frustrated our defense, but we got a deserved lead again, through (I THINK) Joel. Man of the first half, for me, was Coomber, who played as a makeshift right back, and was outstanding.
Unfortunately, in the second half, Joel faded badly after receiving a knock, and Coomber ran out of fuel with around 20 to go. Our subs bench was depleted this week, and this meant we were effectively playing with less men, although these 2 carried on valiantly. Against fit and strong Winsham uphill into a strong breeze, that is going to turn the game pear shaped at some point, and so it proved.

Merriot next week, away. We have a great chance of turning them over and making the end of the season very interesting, if we play like our first half.
http://full-time.thefa.com/gen/Index.do?league=7932873
Have a look for yourselves.

Smile
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 18/03/07, 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilly, i'm pretty sure the first goal was an own goal..ball looped in defender and goalkeeper under no pressure than from each other, and some how the defender managed to drop a header over his keeper and into the net. Anyway, yeah cracking first half, let's make sure we build on that! By the way Chard United beat Netherbury!!!!! Shocking!!
Donna22

PostPosted: 18/03/07, 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of who scored the second goal!!!!!

Unlucky lads hope ur luck changes for the next few weeks

Donna
Gilly

PostPosted: 18/03/07, 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point, mate... although in a rio-ferdinand-dubious-goals-panel way, I'd give it Rory, as he was closest!

And Donna, you noggin, it says JOEL!!!!

Thanks for the encouragement....... luck is something we definitely need a bit more of... Confused
Donna22

PostPosted: 19/03/07, 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got told that James Beddows scored and he wasnt mentioned!!!!!!!!!!!!! My sister is engaged to him and reads your reports to see if he is mentioned thats why i said it!!!
Gilly

PostPosted: 19/03/07, 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

It WAS Scholesy Beddows with the 2nd- apologies to your sister.....

I'm so slow, that by the time I look up, the goalscorer has gone.... Rolling Eyes
Donna22

PostPosted: 20/03/07, 07:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA GILLY U SAID IT LOL Laughing

BETTER LUCK THIS WEEK ANYWAY

DONNA
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 21/03/07, 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubbish turn out at training again tonight...if we are to win games the team needs to train and work on what we are weakest on (aka everything!!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: