uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

W M C 3: UPLYME 3.... 1PT earned, rather than 2 lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilly

PostPosted: 06/01/08, 13:54    Post subject: W M C 3: UPLYME 3.... 1PT earned, rather than 2 lost. Reply with quote

For anyone who hasn't been to Chinnock; don't follow Colin's directions to get there....... the field was a little like the mighty UPS pitch in shape and camber, but hadn't coped too well with the overnight deluge.
We got off to a spritely start, and were slipping some good passes to feet, between myself, Max, D R and The Fox. Copious Maximus down the right was looking for quick ball to feet, and we looked set to give them a game.
The Fox opened the scoring with a speculative effort that the keeper lamely let through his gloves. After a few skirmishes, the score was level as we went to sleep on a set piece, as we are known to do quite a bit, really. We looked dangerous going forwards, as their slowest players were at the back, and I should have tucked a freekick away; although it was the quickest that the keeper moved all game to squirm it around the post.
Again, sloppy ball watching saw us concede another, but we carried on trying to play on a very small and boggy pitch, and got our reward when some good midfield work was ended by a neat layoff from D R, for The Fox to steer the ball in for a 2 2 score at the break.

We huffed and puffed in the second half, but never really got a reward for some good effort. what did we DID get rewarded with was a pretty awful refereeing decision; a penalty against us, that smacked of a home referee (supplied by the home team, as the League didn't have one) and a striker watching too much Ronaldo on MOTD. This was dispatched, and the side were left staring at a defeat scarcely deserved. Once more, decisions were frustrating the whole team, especially when a defender cleared off the line with an arm, but it was waved away. It didn't make The Fox feel any better that the defender then gave a giggle as he went past the ref.....things could have turned nasty.
But, the side is now unbeaten in 4, I think, because we can stay focused, and as we ground a corner in the last few minutes, that's what happened. Watters flung over a deep corner, which was returned to The Fox's feet, with his back to goal. He made space brilliantly and cracked it past the flapping keeper to wrap up a hat-trick and a deserved point. In the celebrations, I received a Hatton-esque left from D R, but it was a pain worth having.

Well played, boys, and good luck next week.[/b]
Coombe_Dog

PostPosted: 08/01/08, 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's just say the managers team slection left a lot to be desired....the grove felt the brunt of my frustrations...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: