uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

animals on uplyme football pitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  

do you think dogs should be allowed on matchdays?
yes
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
no
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Donna22

PostPosted: 02/03/08, 17:49    Post subject: animals on uplyme football pitch Reply with quote

just a question but why are dog banned from the field on match days but chickens can roam around and poo on the pitch in the week? people walking there dogs on match days who did not pick up there poo would surely get noticed by a supporter!!! People who have dogs should have them on a lead and pick up the poo why do the minority spoil things for everyone else??????
geoff

PostPosted: 03/03/08, 09:39    Post subject: Revolting Reply with quote

Quite agree - this has been a problem for as long as I can remember. As you say the small minority spoil it for the majority of responsible dog owners.

Thinking this was something for the Dog Warden to deal with, I contacted her last year (12/9/07) she didn't even think there was a problem saying...

"... I have been keeping an eye on this area for the last 4 years and always found it to be clean. There is signage in this area. I have been there this morning and inspected the field which again was clean..."

The environmental health dept who can be contacted at: JGreen@eastdevon.gov.uk

Anyone got any better answers ?

G.
Gilly

PostPosted: 04/03/08, 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animals shouldn't be any problem on the field; donkeys can be seen on there every other Saturday, and they leave no mess, other than fouling the air occasionally.... Razz
geoff

PostPosted: 06/03/08, 08:39    Post subject: UGH Reply with quote

The problem is not the animals, it's some of the owners who think it's ok to allow their dog to poo on the field and leave it there for someone else to clean up.

I helped out at Crusaders football for a couple of years and several of we dads had to walk the field before we could let the boys play footie there (and potentially fall in dog mess)

The usual haul was around 3 dollops - UGH.

G.
Donna22

PostPosted: 06/03/08, 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good Gilly and very true, Just a shame as some people like to watch the football and walk the dog around the field with the kids and its a shame people cant and maybe a few supporters would come back if the rules were changed to dogs allowed when the match is on.
Jimmr

PostPosted: 27/08/08, 00:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say as an Uplyme player for a period of time there was definately way too much dog poo having to be scooped up off the pitch before kick off, its disgusting, lets be honest one lump is too much.
I think its worth noting & congratulating the guys at Uplyme FC on the fantastic condition of the pitch at the moment, & no doubt should Gilly trot along & munch on a blade or two he'd quite agree..
As for whether dogs be allowed on matchdays i think not, as much as i love dogs & appreciate our supporters the term is too broad. The poll would be better if it was whether dogs were allowed, supervised & on a lead while a game is on. The whole point of the ban on dogs is so we dont have to go around scraping toilet up before kickoff so to allow dogs on the pitch all day because its a Saturday & matchday is confusing to say the least!

Love ya Gilly you're a ledge.. dust off them boots Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: