uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brilliant win for Uplyme FC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilly

PostPosted: 22/02/09, 00:41    Post subject: Brilliant win for Uplyme FC. Reply with quote

Proud to skipper for the team again for the day - it was a fantastic effort all round:

Lloydy---made a top-class save once again at a crucial time, and talked all through the match
Timmy E--- another natural leader, and had the vision to spot problems before they bit us on the bum. Made some crucial tackles, and used the ball really well.
Shenan G--- great one-to-one marking job. He is our Caucasian Paul Parker. Was solid throughout, sportsmanlike to the point of being too nice, and the thugs he marks just don't know what to say.
Stu King--- a rock. Simple. Distribution from the back ,at times, was far beyond the quality of a division 2 league match. I don't really care why he joined, or what politics forced the move, he is the reason we are doing so well this season. Hope he doesn't read this and get too cocky...... Wink
Spooner --- work rate is outstanding down the left flank. Always wants to get involved in the action and looks to get forward. Had another super game. I'd wipe his bogeys any day.
Scholesy Beddows--- great energy, probably the best first touch in the whole club; gave us a great option down the right, and worked defensively, too.
Deano--- right place, right time, every time. Industry, simple football, great vision too. We marked two very good players, and kept them pretty quiet. Dean gives the UPS a very strong spine, with Stu at the back and The Fox upfront.
Me--- really enjoyed it, seemed to run lots, but not do much. I think the defensive attributes negated any bombing forward, today.
Alex Cottle--- always looking for a run, quick feet, and worked well with Spooner. He was a great outlet for us, and caused lots of rethinking and worry for the opposition. Super game.
Gav "Foxinthebox" Fowler--- two finishes that reminded me(and him) of the old days, especially number two goal: the neat turn and low finish into the far corner. He just keeps doing the business.
Joel Seward--- Played with a spring in his step, and completely bamboozled the defense, today. With Joel, you never know how he will finish (appallingly, today), but what we do know is that quality is enduring, and he simply blew them away on that field. He plays the way we all want to play.
Pip Marchant--- Came on into a match of thundering headers and tackles, and does what he always does: The business. His man-to-man work is the best in the club, and he's a role model for player such as Shenan, as stupid as that may read... Shocked
Phil Turner --- Once again, another player who can come on in a game of that intensity and just produce the goods. I thought our bench won it for us, today, because we had boys on there that we could rely to stand up and keep their heads. Phil has been there done it, and got the scars to show his kids. Quality.

I've stuck a few photos from Saturday's brilliant win Vs Perry Street onto facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2240575251&ref=mf

Well done, boys....apologies for any Jimmy Hill cliches and idioms.
Same time again, soon? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme Football Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: