uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AGM Meeting Minutes - 20/10/08

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 01/07/09, 13:49    Post subject: AGM Meeting Minutes - 20/10/08 Reply with quote

Uplyme and Lyme Regis CC AGM Monday 20th October 20, 2008
Apologies Adam Caddy, Ali, Steve and BJ Rattenbury, Alex McClennan, Gerry Sims
Minutes of AGM 2007 Accepted
Matters Arising None
Chairman’s Report. A number of grants were awarded to the club to meet the cost of a new practice net. Players need to get together in the close season to discuss the format of the club and the roles to be played by 1st and 2nd XIs to avoid problems that occurred this year re availability. Paul urged players to make themselves available for friendlies. Such as the Big Pink match in aid of Cancer research 2nd Sunday in July.
Secretary’s Report. Six committee meetings were held throughout the year and the work done by the committee reflected the progress that the club has made this year both on and off the field. Pre season nets were booked and well attended. David sent out registration forms with stamped addressed envelopes. Successful bids were made for grants which enabled the new outdoor net to be bought outright which also left monies available to purchase and repair machinery for the ground. A club BBQ took place in season and a successful Presentation night was held in the Talbot. Unfortunately the whole committee did not meet together as there were always one or two absentees. As a result neither a bar or ground sub committee were formed. This meant that Roger and Henry were left to do a lot of work by themselves in those areas. Without Henry next year there will be an even greater need for more members to do more for the club off the field.
EC attended a course relating to Club Welfare Officer whilst Roger and Ashley attended a League meeting and Paul kept in close contact with the league. As a result there were no problems with registration and the league praised the club for getting all match results in promptly. No fines this year!
The minutes from six committee meetings were posted and latterly two were also sent to members who have e-mail facilities. They included two short papers ‘Agenda for Change’ and Selection Criteria. These are both areas which will need to be revisited this year.
Both 1st and 2nd XI achieved good league positions but with better communication between club members and the selection committee relating to player availability and selection the results could even have been better and the embarrassment of playing one short might have been avoided as happened to both teams on at least one occasion.
There is a need for members to be proactive and keep the club informed and vice versa.
Treasurers Report Roger presented audit sheets which a healthy balance despite the fact that once again revenue had been lost due to rained off matches. Playing costs were in debit but this was balanced by profits from 100 club and sponsorship. New machinery for the ground has been purchased along with the usual costs of running the club. However the drainage problem needs to be fixed this autumn and this will require the hire of a digger and the lying of a new pipe. Action Roger to ask Tim Edwards to do the work.
1st XI Captain’s Report Club finished 4th in the league and with a few more games [lost to rain] they could have been pushing for promotion. The nucleus of a good side is in place and they will strive for consistency next season. Traveling to fixtures was not as bad as expected. One and a half hours was the longest journey.
2nd XI Captain’s Report. A very good season, close to promotion but finished 3rd. A big thank you to Dave Norman who stepped in to captain the side on numerous occasions and also scored heavily including a ton at Upottery. Younger members played an important part in the success of the team and could be relied upon to bowl and to bat. However it is important that all players are registered so that the 1st XI always has a full side.
Sunday Captains Report Seven games were arranged on the fixture list of which four were played with two wins and two losses. David Jones played in all of the games and achieved determined double figure scores in three of his innings. He also took a stunning diving catch at mid wicket in the game against Taunton and fully deserved his Sunday Player of the year award. Thanks also go to 1st XI players Steve Batey who played in three games and Mark Batey, Mark Brimicombe and Gerry Sims who played in one. It is a bit of a struggle to get out a Sunday side but the young players who were available enjoyed their opportunities and were well supported and encouraged by older members.
Fixture Secretary’s Report Would like to know as soon as possible which Sunday games to arrange.
Colt’s Managers Report This was the second year of the Uplyme / Woodroffe Partnership. The under13 team finished 4th in the West Dorset league. They played 6 won 4 lost 2.and got through one round of the cup. This was a big improvement on the one win of the previous season. The Under 15 team played in the league for the first time but only completed 2 games both of which they lost. They did manage to get through one round of their cup competition. Both sides will be entered into league and cup competitions next season. In the next proposed phase of youth development it is hoped that we can now enter an Under 11 side into the league. Ex Uplyme player Rodney Holmes has offered to run the team. This will draw on the primary school children who have attended Tuesday night sessions at the club. This third development is vital if the club is going to get hold of young players before they go off and join Axminster. However this growth relies on the support of club members to help with the coaching and umpiring. Last season David Jones umpired regularly for the under 13 team. It is vital that other club members help to run junior sides.
Can you help on one of the following nights?
The under 15 will play Tuesday nights and train Wednesdays before club nets.
The under 13 play Thursday nights and train Mondays at Woodroffe
The under 11 play Mondays, Wednesday, or Fridays and train Tuesdays.
The fruits of this development are beginning to show with 6 guys all under 18 years old regularly playing second team cricket and beginning to make an impression as the team results and the individual presentations to Ollie and Jolly testified.
Team Secretary’s Report .Thanks to Henry for doing the job.



Election of Officers.
Proposed Seconded
President Andy Mason D Jones A Caddy
Chairman Paul Messer R Jones T Newson
Secretary Eddie Clarke T Newson D Norman
Treasurer Roger Jones D Jones T Daniel
1st XI Capt Ashley Caddy T Daniel D Wellman
2nd XI Capt Ali Rattenbury D Norman A Caddy
Sunday Capt David Jones E Clarke T Newson
Fixture Sec Alex McClennan E Clarke A Caddy
Committee Members
Mark Brimicombe D Jones E Clarke
To be invited BJ Rattenbury and Steve Batey
Important that a ground sub committee and bar committee are elected and roles rota’s decided. Henry is willing to help instruct those who are uncertain about ground maintenance.
Playing Fields Association Paul Messer to attend meeting in November,
Child Welfare Officer Eddie Clarke.
Changes to constitution and resolutions. None.
AOB
Re election of Hon Members. Agreed. S Buckland has passed away. Club sent condolences.
Roger attended league meeting as rep of club. He encouraged captains to attend future meetings. Action Paul to contact Geoff Coish for minutes of the meeting. Roger emphasized the need for more players to become involved in the running of the club. Many players enjoy the benefits but contribute little. THE GROUND AND / OR BAR COMMITTEES WILL VALUE HELP. PLEASE VOLUNTEER.
Beryl Denham of the Playing Fields Association reported that the field is for the use of all residents of Uplyme and therefore would like the Cricket club to respect the rights of the Croquet Club. Following an inspection of the field by the trustees could the cricket club please see to the following;
1 Remove the sight screen from the river end.
2 Repair or remove the fencing along by the river and remove bunting.
3 Repair or remove the flag pole which has rusted
4 Cut the grass at the back of the club house.
5 Arrange for the grounds to be sprayed with weed killer.
Action . Club ground committee to attend to these matters.
Sports Quiz 21st Nov Davey Fort 8pm team EC TN TD NP GS and MB. DJ reserve.
Harvey Brimicombe to be asked to update the website on Uplyme.com and add minutes etc.
First committee meeting Mon 1st Dec 6.30 at the club.
Meeting ended 8pm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group