uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

125th Anniversary ULRCC Committee meeting Minutes - 08/02/11

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 09/02/11, 11:56    Post subject: 125th Anniversary ULRCC Committee meeting Minutes - 08/02/11 Reply with quote

Minutes of Committee meeting. Tuesday 8th February
Present P Messer E Clarke D Norman M Brimicombe A Caddy D Wellman, J Hunt
Apologies B Rattenbury, R Thom G Sims N Price
Minutes of last meeting accepted.
Chairmanís Report
Quote received for the repair of the roof, ceiling and replacement of shower tiles. Awaiting insurance acceptance before work can begin. AC offered to complete internal work. Accepted with thanks. Also received quote for carpet tiles / carpet for corridor. Agreed to do without carpet to allow sweeping and cleaning.
125th Anniversary evening. Small profit made. All anecdotes should now be sent to Pip Evans who will be compiling the 125th magazine.
Paul will be in sole charge of liaising with sponsors. Sponsorship charges to remain fixed this season. Also agreed to keep bar prices fixed. Talbot to be charged £33 per game other visiting teams who hire the ground will be charged £50 including tea.
Talbot will be asked to submit their Monday fixtures now for entry in the club handbook. Under 11s home games will then have priority on any spare Mondays.
Award board needs to be completed. EC to contact DJ for details.
Chardstock ground hire and payment. EC to contact Chardstock and arrange.
Invite to Civic Night. JH offered to attend and represent the club.
29th July Lifeboat charity match confirmed.
125th Michael Stride painting. 14x11 print £12.50 for sale along with cards and envelopes £1.50 each.
Junior Report
Starting week beginning 28th February at Woodroffe
Mondays U15 training Tuesdays U11, Wednesdays U13s all 4pm
After Easter U11s and U13 train at Uplyme CC Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Fixtures U11s Mondays, U15s Tuesdays, U13s Thursdays. All juniors to be charged £5 membership and a separate junior database published.
Request to donate £50 towards coaching course being taken by James Dunford in return for help with coaching U11s. Agreed.
Treasures Report
Current account £3463, Reserve account £2894. No outstanding payments
Captainís Report
AC thanked for attending the league meeting. No changes to report. Official club posts to be returned to the league by end of Feb. Hopeful of some players returning to play this season.
125th Caps Design of baggy green with yellow piping and 125th badge agreed. Paul to investigate and order. Cost £10 approx.
125th Dinner to be combined with presentation night. A Friday in September at the Golf club with guest speaker and possible comedian. £20 per head. AC to organise.
Indoor nets Start at Woodroffe on Thursday 10th March 6.45 to 7pm. Also signing on night £20. All potential playing members encouraged to attend. A press release will go out prior to the first session. EC to arrange.
Ground
JH to spike, scarify and arrange weeding during the next month, weather permitting.
Will also arrange to have the shed cleared of junk
Fixtures
No response from Alex re update of Sunday and friendly fixtures. E C to contact again and get the details of those fixtures that have been arranged. Agreed to relieve Alex of the post of fixture secretary and ask Gerry Sims to take on the post. EC will support in the first instance.
125th Calendar A draft calendar was issued. Agreed to hold four monthly Saturday evening Club functions after local games. Two to be hosted by the seconds and two by firsts. Themes to be discussed at the next meeting.
When complete the whole calendar will be posted in the clubhouse so all members are aware of events, matches and training sessions throughout the season.
AOB
EC asked AC to leave the fielding net in the clubhouse for use at Woodroffe through rest of the winter
JH will arrange a cheap camping tour of Isle of Weight midweek in August. To be proposed in the season.
MB offered to re clad the score box and to investigate replacing the number box or returning to hanging numbers

Date of next meeting Monday 7th March
IMPORTANT THAT ALL COMMITTEE MEMBERS ATTEND
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group