uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 CENSUS, did we know it's lockheed martin running it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

IS IT RIGHT, that we give our information to Lockheed martin?
NO it is not, don't handover anything to the warmongerers!
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
YES it is fine, stop being so liberal, you wacko!
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
I DON'T CARE, I have shares in lockheed martin
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
WHAT was the question?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I have no opinion (or moral compass)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 11/03/11, 14:48    Post subject: 2011 CENSUS, did we know it's lockheed martin running it? Reply with quote

Here is a nice little selection of LOCKHEED products that assist Governments in spying and killing people who disagree with their beliefs and policies:
* Air-to-Air Missiles * Anti-Armour Missiles * Fire Support * Precision Strike * Strategic Systems * Fingerprint ID systems
* Shuttle * ISS * Orion * MRO * Phoenix Mars Lander * Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) * 2001 Mars Odyssey
* Stardust * Hubble Space Telescope * Spitzer Space Telescope * Nuclear Systems & Solutions
* C-5 Galaxy * C-130 Hercules * F-16 to the F-22 * F-35 * F-22 Raptor * F-35 Lightning II
* Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) * U-2 (shot down over Soviet airspace before) * SR-71

Do we really think our census information will be safe with this warmongering company? is is morally right to engage this company to collect our private data?

I think is both morally & ethically wrong to give this company anything whatsoever.

I shall be boycotting the census. The government has the information elsewhere already

PEACE, but not to statist's or corporatist's
"No service should be provided out the barrel of a gun. This is not freedom, it is tyranny"
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 11/03/11, 14:59    Post subject: I did know that! Reply with quote

I did know it is lockheed martin running the census, I am dismayed to say the least. what's the punishment for not filling out the form?

am I allowed to not fill it out on the moral justifications ground, ie: strongly held ethical / religious beliefs. I protested against the war on Iraq, in London & support http://www.stopwar.org.uk/ as well.

here is what they say about it: http://stopwar.org.uk/content/view/2291/1/

they (lockheed martin) have been on the frontline in the 'war on terror', provided private contract interrogators to Guantanamo Bay and Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, and has carried out surveillance and data processing work for the CIA and FBI.

not a very nice company at all!

I will not be filling out the census either.

regards,

ima.lumberjack.imok
T Total

PostPosted: 11/03/11, 20:35    Post subject: Re: 2011 CENSUS, did we know it's lockheed martin running it Reply with quote

voluntaryist.uk wrote:
Here is a nice little selection of LOCKHEED products that assist Governments in spying and killing people who disagree with their beliefs and policies:

Must be nice to live in a tunnel!
Rev

PostPosted: 11/03/11, 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is a shame for those of us who choose to bank and shop as ethically as we can, to indirectly support Lockheed Martin (the Caesar of our day). Our government directly supports the manufacture and export of weapons and yet we directly support our government through paying taxes. Lockheed have already been granted the contract and our local council may not get the funds it requires if we choose not to participate in the census. It seems like a no-win situation. At least if I don't have to pay a £1000 fine, that's £1000 less going into government coffers (or Lockheed's pocket). So, I'll begrudgingly be completing my census.
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 12/03/11, 15:25    Post subject: Re: 2011 CENSUS, did we know it's lockheed martin running it Reply with quote

T Total wrote:
Must be nice to live in a tunnel!

please explain what you mean?
geoff

PostPosted: 14/03/11, 07:57    Post subject: Buy British !! Reply with quote

I agree that it is a complete scandal that the government couldn't find a British company to do this work, but I don't quite follow your paranoia about Lockheed-Martin and some of the products you mention. Many of them, such as Hubble and the Mars probes, are scientific research instruments, not offensive weapons. Also you list the Hercules C-130 transport aircraft - there are many instances where these have been used to evacuate civilians and to deliver aid to the needy.

G
geoff

PostPosted: 30/03/11, 07:50    Post subject: Re: 2011 CENSUS, did we know it's lockheed martin running it Reply with quote

voluntaryist.uk wrote:
... I shall be boycotting the census. The government has the information elsewhere already

Did you boycott the census in the end ?

G.
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 21/06/11, 15:52    Post subject: Hackers 'steal entire 2011 census' Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8589078/Hackers-steal-entire-2011-census.html

Hackers 'steal entire 2011 census'

hate to say I told you so, but I did.

all your precious info will be online for the whole world to see withing the next few days.

read it & weep, read it & weep.

PEACE, but not to statist's, corporatist's & hierarchist's

"No service should be provided out the barrel of a gun. This is not freedom, it is tyranny"
http://voluntary-exchanges-only.blogspot.com
geoff

PostPosted: 22/06/11, 07:10    Post subject: Re: 2011 CENSUS, did we know it's lockheed martin running it Reply with quote

geoff wrote:
voluntaryist.uk wrote:
... I shall be boycotting the census. The government has the information elsewhere already

Did you boycott the census in the end ?

G.

So DID you ?
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 22/06/11, 07:51    Post subject: yes, Reply with quote

yes, i did & someone did come round threatening to take me to court for failure to submit. I said go ahead. I've not heard anything since.

but of course my submitting to the census is more important that who ran the damn thing, the level of unnecessary government intrusion, & the security of the data too.

c'mon priorities! in the first place the data was already elsewhere, secondly, one should never "submit" to government that is tyranny, thirdly, government can never ever secure your or my information they are simply too incompetent, too stupid & too unaccountable. in that you or i could never sue for loss of privacy or sue for damages as a result of the breach of privacy.

good old government, NOT! wake up government is never the answer. forcing people to do what you want with a gun in your hand is called a dictatorship, just because you (as I do not vote) get to choose which party leads govt does not make it less of a dictatorship. You can choose who rules you, but you cannot choose to NOT have a ruler? that is not freedom, that is slavery & tyranny.
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 22/06/11, 08:13    Post subject: Re: yes, Reply with quote

voluntaryist.uk wrote:
c'mon priorities! in the first place the data was already elsewhere, secondly, one should never "submit" to government that is tyranny, thirdly, government can never ever secure your or my information they are simply too incompetent, too stupid & too unaccountable. in that you or i could never sue for loss of privacy or sue for damages as a result of the breach of privacy.

government does not know it's arse from it's elbow, they make up policy according to wots in the Sun that day. no morals or sense of right guides them. I don't like government anymore than the next person, but what choice do we have? (short of revolt & I am not advocating that)

I did look at your voluntaryist links before, but I am not sure how they would work in the real world. can you explain a bit more perhaps?
geoff

PostPosted: 25/06/11, 15:52    Post subject: Re: yes, Reply with quote

ima.lumberjack.imok wrote:
I did look at your voluntaryist links before, but I am not sure how they would work in the real world. can you explain a bit more perhaps?

The above is now the subject of a separate thread here: http://www.uplyme.com/debate/viewtopic.php?t=856
geoff

PostPosted: 30/06/11, 07:20    Post subject: Re: Hackers 'steal entire 2011 census' Reply with quote

voluntaryist.uk wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/8589078/Hackers-steal-entire-2011-census.html

Hackers 'steal entire 2011 census'

hate to say I told you so, but I did. all your precious info will be online for the whole world to see withing the next few days. read it & weep, read it & weep.

Can we please stop weeping now as this was a complete hoax:-

The ONS said in a statement: 'The Office for National Statistics reaffirmed yesterday that personal census information is secure and an allegation that it had been hacked is without foundation.

Glen Watson, the Census Director, added: 'I can reassure the public that their census records are secure. We have strict measures in place protecting the nationís census information. 'The claim that hackers got in looks like a hoax and our investigation concluded that there is no sign of any suspicious activity. The alleged hackers have also denied any involvement.'

'However, we are not complacent and will remain vigilant. The security and confidentiality of census data remain our top priority.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/867251-uk-census-lulzsec-hacking-claims-were-a-hoax#ixzz1Qk05VeCc

G.
voluntaryist.uk

PostPosted: 01/07/11, 09:38    Post subject: re; census hoax.... Reply with quote

G, it is only a matter of time. even if the data is not hacked, it will be sold to various "selected" service providers (read the fine print)

ah the joy of living in a statist society (not!)

PEACE, but not to statist's, corporatist's & hierarchist's
http://voluntary-exchanges-only.blogspot.com
geoff

PostPosted: 01/07/11, 09:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely you will agree that there is quite a difference between a Government department being inept enough to be hacked and to 'voluntarily' sell the data ?

G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: