uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Uplyme Parish Councillor announced

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geoff

PostPosted: 06/04/11, 07:33    Post subject: New Uplyme Parish Councillor announced Reply with quote

Uplyme.com has discovered that the Parish Councillor vacancy created by the resignation of Mrs. Denham is to be filled by Keith Killingbeck, known to uplyme.com regulars as 'Driver' on the uplyme debate.

Our congratulations to Keith and best wishes for his new role.

G.
Driver

PostPosted: 06/04/11, 09:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Geoff, I do hope to be able to actively continue to support and contribute your website, the Uplyme debate has provided so lively debates long may it continue.

With my wife Anita and her father both running for Lyme Regis council, Anita's save the library work it's been a busy few months.

For us the motor racing season has also started, we (Anita and I) were managing a two day race meeting at Donington last weekend and Silverstone next weekend, only the start of a busy season (again).

regards KK (aka driver)
Centre - On the Fence

PostPosted: 09/04/11, 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I am very glad that at least there are more than the required number of prospective councillors putting themselves forward for election in Lyme Regis. This brings raises a question though, how can somebody stand for Lyme Regis Council, when a same member of the family (husband and wife) stands for Uplyme? Presumably one needs to live in either East Devon or West Dorset to stand for election to the local councils? Or is there something I am missing?
Centre
Rhodie

PostPosted: 09/04/11, 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centre - On the Fence wrote:
Or is there something I am missing?
Centre

Yes you are missing something and someone. That someone is Stan Williams who has been a Lyme Regis Town Councillor for many years yet lives in Whalley Lane. Living or having a business in Lyme gives you the privilege of becoming a town councillor. I also believe that anyone living in an adjacent parish whether in Dorset or Devon can also become a town councillor, but donít quote me on that.

I donít know if the rules governing Uplyme Parish Councillors are so generous but somewhat doubt it.
Rhodie

PostPosted: 09/04/11, 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to wish Keith Killingbeck, aka as 'Driver' all the best as our latest parish councillor.

It is reassuring to hear that he hopes to continue to support and contribute to the Uplyme debate. Over the life of the forum involvement of parish councillors has been obvious by their complete non-participation. Letís hope that Driver sets a new trend.
Driver

PostPosted: 11/04/11, 06:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centre - On the Fence wrote:
Whilst I am very glad that at least there are more than the required number of prospective councillors putting themselves forward for election in Lyme Regis. This brings raises a question though, how can somebody stand for Lyme Regis Council, when a same member of the family (husband and wife) stands for Uplyme? Presumably one needs to live in either East Devon or West Dorset to stand for election to the local councils? Or is there something I am missing?
Centre

I think the current requirements are that you live within 3.8 KM of the county boundary and "we" live within site of the Dorset/Devon boundary
Anita

PostPosted: 11/04/11, 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close Very Happy

Electoral laws permit that anyone living within 3 miles (now a catchy 4.8km) from a parish boundary can stand for that Parish so it would work both ways, someone living in Lyme could stand for Uplyme.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: