uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ULRCC AGM Minutes - 15/09/11

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 25/09/11, 11:50    Post subject: ULRCC AGM Minutes - 15/09/11 Reply with quote

15.9.11 AGM held in Club House.
Apologies A Mason. J Ragless, A Rattenbury. B Jones. R Thom. A Caddy
Minutes 2010 Accepted No matters arising
Chairman’s Report
PM reported successful 125th Year
Highlights were: Candles on Cricket Ground £1200 income,
Presentation Dinner >£1,000 raised from the auction.
Lifeboat Match supported Lifeboat Week
Monies form three sponsors to be collected.
Sales of Memorabilia, Michael Stride Prints and magazines good, but sales of caps and polo shirts need to be collected
ACTION Ashley and Rob to collect monies
Grants received from Town Council and Dorset Youth Opportunities for equipment, coaching and nets. Discussion followed on amount of monies to be donated to charities.
Requests from Trustees: Skip to be hired to clear back of pavilion, Sight screen and practice net to be taken down and net in front of village hall to go up to allow hedge to be cut ACTION John Hunt to organize work
Rep needed to attend the League meeting 7th October 7.30 in Exeter.
ACTION S Howe to attend.
Treasurers Report
Audit was not completed and will be presented to the next committee.
£4,500 balance in the current account. £3000 in savings account. Insurance and grounds maintenance bills to be paid.
During the season profits were made from the dinner + £1,728 match fees +£500, bar +£800 but £251 is owed for caps and polos to break even.
Secretary’s /Youth Report
Number of young payers who played in the U13 side of 2007 are now plying 1st and 2ndXI cricket. Youth policy beginning to pay dividends. Monies from youth grants also of benefit to the whole club. Young players need the support of all members of the club to umpires and coach. Need to keep university boys involved on their return.
Collection of membership fees more efficient this year. Winter nets not well attended over 5 weeks. Suggest three or four nets in the two weeks before the season to help players focus together on start of season and to ensure membership fees are all collected.
Selection needs to be consistent as during the second half of the season. With the focus on those players who are committed to playing regularly. Second XI should develop the youth policy and help introduce young players to the senior game. More Sunday games would help this process. Vote of thanks to John Hunt and David Jones for keeping the ground and wicket in top condition and to Paul and June for overseeing the smooth running of the club and the various events of the 125th year.
Captain’s Report
Ist XI improved season on and off the field. Good performances. Discipline good. Settled side in second half of the season. Chardstock cancelled fixtures cost the team promotion. Next season 1st XI home fixtures will avoid Fete and Show. 2nd XI enjoyable season. Mid table respectability in division which suits the standard and the distances to travel. 30+player used aged from 13 to 66. Thanks to Steve Rattenbury for umpiring regularly.
Sunday XI 7 games, two rained off. Could do with a few more. Those that were played were fun and enjoyed by those who played.
Open Forum
Teas. New committee asked to look at the cost of producing teas. Recommendation that the Match fee should rise to £7.50 £5 for students to cover rise in costs of teas.
Discussion over the wicket being swept and re-marked between innings. Who would be prepared to do it? Steve Howe said he would.
Club Future
1st and 2nd XI s plus Sunday XI to continue.
Whiteways Cup 1st XI expressed interest in entering.
Election of officers
President
Chairman Steve Howe {Thanks to Paul for all his work over six seasons}
Treasurer N Price
Secretary E Clarke
Youth E Clarke
Fixtures J Sims [E Clarke to support]
1st Capt Ash Caddy
2nd Capt BJ Rattenbury
Sun. Capt J Simms
Committee members. All of the above plus S Rattenbury, D Norman, S Batey D Jones. M Brimicombe J Hunt
Elected Hon Members Paul and June.
AOB
Winter work on wicket Spike 6ins, Scarify, Seed and top dress. Total cost £1695.Bill to be paid from savings account
Mowers and Roller to be serviced and stored for winter. Club house to be cleaned and water turned off.
J Hunt to oversee.
Proposal for Queen’s Jubilee. Match to be played in Victorian gear. J Hunt.
Trustees Meeting. Request that a member of the committee attends the Trustees meeting.

DATE OF NEW COMMITTEE MEETING
Thursday 6th October 7pm in the Club House
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group