uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 17/02/12

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 18/02/12, 21:13    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 17/02/12 Reply with quote

Committee Meeting 17th February 2012
Present S Howe, N Price, E Clarke D Jones D Norman D Wellman. Apologies J Hunt SRattenbury, J Sims [knee] A Caddy [Hong Kong] M Brimicombe e-mail hacked! Minutes of previous meeting accepted, No matters arising.
Chairman reported good progress with handbook. As well as fixtures it will include articles and topical photos and will be on sale to the community.
Secretary reported correspondence re Diamond Jubilee. Club invited to parade on Saturday 2nd June. D Wellman will attend as nominee of club for Honorary Citizens Award. Action EC to respond to Town Council.
Treasurers Report. Bills received for garage door repair, Mole catcher, Devon Cricket Board affiliation. Balance current account 4292. 3383 is youth grant. Balance of 980. Savings account 2896. Insurance 1000+ is due. Action Neil to ask a number of companies for quotes and choose best offer. Need to check accident book is in the pavilion. 48 playing members on the contact list plus honorary and life members. Entered the National Village Cup 40/40 competition. Entry fee is by subscription to the Cricketer magazine. 1st round match v Yelverton on Sunday May 6th Action EC to confirm 2pm start with Yelverton
Ground Update David Jones has agreed to represent the club at meetings with the KGV Trustees. Agreed things to do before the start of the season. Action Club members to work together on Sunday 1st April at 11am to complete the following:
Repair Down Pipe left side of pavilion and emergency door. Repair / replace wheels on sightscreen and erect screens. Fix/ tighten joints and replace net on practice net frame. Strim grass in areas between Croquet lawn and pavilion and behind score box. Action EC to contact P Messer to see if he can arrange for fence by the river can be replaced. Three moles have been caught but the mole man will return to catch the one in front of the pavilion. New 25 year lease is due to be signed and will be the opportunity to clarify expectations of the club with regard to the ground.
Youth report. Indoor U15 nets begin at Woodroffe. Players to be signed up as student members and should be available for Saturday 2nd XI and Sunday games. There will also be an U13 and U11 team. The youth grant is being spent on two mobile nets, one at the club and one at the school. Quotes have also been requested to replace the artificial wicket matting. It was agreed to put the boundary rope purchase on hold. Junior matches are Mondays U11,Tuesdays U15 and Thursdays U13. Training Monday U13,Tuesday U11 and Wednesdays U15.
Pre Season preparation Action EC to write letter to all playing members inviting them to sign up for the season at net sessions to be held in the weeks beginning 9th and 16th April. There are two practice games on Sat 21st, Sat 28th before first league weekend. Membership 20 if paid before 30th April. 25 thereafter. Aim to make Wednesday evening an integral part of the club season. Nets from 5.30 followed by selection. Selection criteria to be discussed.
Next meeting Monday 12th March 7pm in The Talbot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group