uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Committee Meeting Minutes - 12/03/12

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 14/03/12, 20:17    Post subject: Committee Meeting Minutes - 12/03/12 Reply with quote

Minutes of the Committee Meeting 12 March 2012
Apologies D Wellman D Jones D Norman S Rattenbury
Minutes of 17th February accepted. Matters arising discussed in the meeting.
Steve Howe reported that the Handbook to be printed soon. 50 copies for membership and 20 to sponsors. Sunday 1st April 11am All members please meet at the club to prepare the ground and clubhouse for the season. Mobile net to be fixed and sight screens to be erected. Help John Hunt to mark out the square. Spring clean the pavilion. The more that attend the quicker these jobs can be done. Please help.
Neil Price raised concern an electricity bill of 460. He needs Roger Jones to transfer his name as account holder so that he can make enquiries regarding the bill. Contact to be made with Roger by Ashley. Neil to contact the Devon cricket board to confirm that cheque has been received for match balls and affiliation of two teams. Balls to be collected on 26th April by captain and chairman at meeting for captains and umpires. Auction money is still outstanding. Ashley to chase up. D Wellman and R Thom still owe monies for 125th anniversary prints.
E Clarke has booked net sessions at Woodroffe School on Wednesday 11April
8 -9 30pm, Monday 16th April 5.45 to 7pm and Wednesday 18th April 8 to 9.30. All players who wish to renew their membership for this season are expected to attend at least one of these sessions to sign on and pay their subs of 20. After 30th April there is a 5 surcharge for memberships. All members will receive a letter outlining details of the pre season plans with a membership form and an availability sheet for April/ May. These should be returned to Neil Price at pre season nets along with a cheque for 20 membership fee or 30 if you wish to have a number in the 100 club draw.
There are two pre season friendlies against Chardstock 21st April and Kilmington and Stourton on 28th April. The first league games are on the 5th May followed by the Village Cup 1st Round game on 6th May. Jerry Sims received a request from Yelverton to play the Village game on a week earlier. The was rejected. Gerry to contact Yelverton
Ground Report. New mobile net will be erected on Wed 14th March. John will prepare the area behind the score box for it to be stored. Moles have been eradicated. Heavy roller needs to be serviced John Hunt will ensure this is done asap. JH explained work that has to be done on the square prior to the season starting but will have two practice strips ready for first outdoor session on 25th April and wicket for the first friendly game.
Fixtures 1st XI away game to Topsham has been moved to the University sports ground
Ashley Caddy has arranged for an Australian touring side to play a 20/20 on Wed 9th MayAshley will be away until 4th May. Steve Batey will represent him in running pre season practices and at selection.
A number of the committee members will attend a cricket show in Bristol on 25th March. It is hoped to purchase a discounted boundary rope and winder. Steve Batey to research prices prior to the exhibition.
Next committee meeting in the clubhouse on Monday 16th April at 7.15 after Indoor nets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group