uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

anyone interested in starting a "Transitions - Initiati

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 21/05/12, 08:47    Post subject: anyone interested in starting a "Transitions - Initiati Reply with quote

Hi Uplyme (well at least the online bunch) been doing a bit of reading on the "transitions initiatives" see here of more: https://www.transitionnetwork.org

I was wondering if there would be anyone else interested in this venture? To become a part of this initiative, any local group has to have a minimum of 4/5 persons prepared to be committed to help run this enterprise. There is also a need to understand the whole idea behind it all as well. see here for more on that: https://www.transitionnetwork.org/support/becoming-official

if there are any like minded individuals out there please post your thoughts on this or you can pm me if you would rather.

over to you...
Martyn

PostPosted: 22/05/12, 09:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to your website link Seaton, Thornecombe. Bridport, Honiton etc are already involved in this.
Sounds a fascinating concept.
I'd love this to develop further locally; hope more and more people get interested.
geoff

PostPosted: 25/05/12, 07:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good stuff, but isn't this basically what Greenpeace has been doing for decades ? Why not join them instead of diluting effort by forming another organisation ?

G.
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 31/05/12, 10:14    Post subject: Re: greeenpeace etc... Reply with quote

Hi, this is totally different to greenpeace, so no dilution there.

it is a local initiative to help us all overcome the effect of transitioning from a growth based industrial economic model fueled by debt & fractional banking practices to a post growth / peak oil economic model, based on sound banking / economic practices. there is even scope to issue our own type of barter currency / money based on hours of work / value of exchange.

So I pose the question again, any one other than "martyn" interested?

over to you....
geoff

PostPosted: 31/05/12, 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, sounds way over my head.
G.
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 01/06/12, 08:15    Post subject: latest news;etter from the transitions Network Reply with quote

please see the link below for a look at the latest edition of the Transitions newsletter, might give a better idea about the work that is being done across the country:
http://transitionfreepress.org/2012/05/31/welcome-to-our-preview-edition/
geoff

PostPosted: 02/06/12, 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, but it's just about them setting up an online newspaper ?
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 03/06/12, 07:09    Post subject: sorry, here it is... Reply with quote

http://issuu.com/transitionfreepress/docs/issue1?mode=window&pageNumber=1
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 02/07/12, 08:20    Post subject: RE: transitions, etc Reply with quote

I think sometime ago we'd had a conversation about a "local market"in / at the village hall / the village green, perhaps this might be the first thing we could do, perhaps a show of interest from local producers of fruits, vegetable, honey, crafts, etc...

over to you uplyme...
geoff

PostPosted: 02/07/12, 09:08    Post subject: Bzzzzzzzzzzz Reply with quote

Well, I still have a small amount of Uplyme honey still to sell ?
G.
ima.lumberjack.imok

PostPosted: 02/07/12, 12:40    Post subject: re: honey to sell Reply with quote

Hi Geoff,
I too have just started beekeeping (after years of reading, planning, courses) I was given a local (within 5 miles) swarm, this is their first year, they are going great guns! (been installed since the end of may) filled 2 Warre ( http://warre.biobees.com ) boxes with comb already & the top most box is filling nicely with capped off honey. Who know's I might be able to harvest some this sept...Wink

anyone else got produce to sell?.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: