uplyme.com Forum Index uplyme.com
The Uplyme Debate
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ULRCC AGM 11/10/2012 Minutes

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whispering Death



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

Posts: 60

PostPosted: 19/10/12, 07:30    Post subject: ULRCC AGM 11/10/2012 Minutes Reply with quote

UPLYME AND LYME REGIS CRICKET CLUB
AGM Thursday 11th October 2012
12 members present
Apologies R Thom, S Rattenbury, Adam Caddy, Ashley Caddy, M Batey, R Holmes
Minutes of AGM October 2011 Accepted
Matters arising None.
Chairmanís report
Congratulations to 1st XI on winning the league and 2nd XI on consolidation in Div D. Thanks to Ash Caddy for work as skipper, and to Steve Batey for taking over and finishing off the job. Steve gave a big thank you to the following: BJ for skippering the 2nds. Christine Matthews for excellent teas.Terry Matthews and Melody Holmes for looking after the bar on match days. Bar profits were up this season due to closer monitoring. Thanks to Jon Hunt for looking after, and improving the wicket and D Jones for the excellent outfield. To the committee for work done when Steve was not available during his wifeís illness. To sponsors old and new. Steve was honoured to be asked to be chairman of the club and will continue in the role next season. He hopes that the handbook will be in the same format.
Treasurers report
Full profit and loss sheet was shared showing a profit of just over £1,000. For the year.
Neil also attended the league meeting and reported back on a number of proposals.
1. League matches to be 45 overs per innings with 9 overs per bowler. Win or lose basis
2. Registration of all players in the club.
3. Financial help with regard to reduces fees from league to clubs to redress the wet summer and loss of income.
4. All through league 1st and 2nd leagues to be amalgamated throughout Devon.
ACTION Steve Howe to attend the next meeting and club to vote for the first three proposals.
Secretary / Youth Reports
*See separate sheet.
Captainís report
1st XI. SB Good season. A large number of club members turned out for the 1st XI and contributed to the success. Good conduct and no problems with the league. Would consider an overseas player next season to fill the gap left by Ashley.
2nd XI BJ. 29 different players used but most weeks a full team was fielded. Pleasing to note the number of young players who contributed to the successes of the team. Thanks to those who helped with teams , teas , and ground.
Sunday XI. J Sims not present but had previously agreed to continue next season with similar number of fixtures as this season and help with teas. E Clarke agreed to arrange friendly fixtures.
Election of Officers
Chairman Steve Howe. Secretary Eddie Clarke Treasurer Neil Price
Committee members David Jones, Brian Rattenbury, Steve Batey,
Wallace Blackmore, Mark Brimicombe, Derek Wellman, Christine Matthews.
1st XI Captain S Batey with help from a selection committee
2nd XI Captain W Blackmore
Fixture Sec. E Clarke
Hon members Paul and June. Life Member . Game to celebrate Brianís 40th season in the club to be played on 23rd June2013

AOB
C Matthews Donated flower money to the Dorset Air ambulance. Received with thanks.
D Jones. 1 Waiting to receive the Sunday player trophy and Fielder trophies in order to get them engraved. Expects that sister of Murray Robinson will donate a trophy in his memory for the Young Player of the Year.
2. David will write to the league when he has the dates of the Fete and the Horticultural Show in order to avoid 1st XI games at home on those dates.
S Batey. Queried the money to be spent on replacing the astro turf. Could it not be spent on covers?
Already committed to the astro turf project with regard to grants applied for.
Money will be raised from teams hiring the astro turf to play matches.
Youth teams will also use and reduce wear on the square.
Storage of covers is an issue. Meeting agreed that the new committee should investigate cover situation for next season.
S Howe. Date set to close down the clubhouse, dismantle sightscreens. Cut grass etc. Before the end of the month. Also will ask for volunteers to spread loam on square when it is delivered.
Date of next committee meeting. Monday 26th November 7pm in the Talbot.

EC 17.10.12.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    uplyme.com Forum Index -> Uplyme and LR Cricket Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group